Early Childhood Learning Center (ECLC) Classroom Aide
Position Start Date:
2023/2024 School Year
Sidwell Friends, a coeducational Quaker day school, seeks part-time
Aides for Early Childhood Learning Center (ECLC), located on its
Bethesda, MD campus.
The ECLC is a small facility serving the Sidwell Friends faculty
and staff. The center currently has an infant room (up to 6
infants) and toddler/twos room (up to 9 students).
Applicants must meet all State of Maryland requirements for an Aide
(High school diploma or GED required, and at least 1 year
experience preferred). In addition the ideal candidate will:
- Create a warm, loving and safe environment for mobile
- Create an engaging atmosphere and develop meaningful activities
and experiences for toddlers and twos
- Collaborate as a team to further develop our center
- Be able to interact and play with the children at their
- Design activities that are child initiated, and cover physical,
social/emotional, linguistic, and cognitive development
- Communicate with families
- Contribute to monthly lesson plans that are focused on the
The Center is open 7:15 am 4:45 pm. This position is a part time,
non-benefit eligible and hours are likely Monday Friday
12:00-4:45 pm. Subbing as needed.
To apply, please submit the Maryland Individual Personnel
Information Form along with a resume and proof of meeting the State
of Maryland qualifications via our on-line application.