Posting Detail Information
Adjunct Faculty, Live Entertainment Production
Internal Position Title
Adjunct Faculty, Live Entertainment Production
CommArts/Hum/Fine Arts Div
This position requires teaching Introduction to Sound for Live
Instructor modality is in-person.
- Master of Arts or Masters of Fine Arts in theatre technology or
sound technology or a minimum of five (5) years of equivalent
professional experience in in Theatrical audio/media
- Must have a blend of training in management, technical and
- Ability in programming and maintaining digital audio
- Ability to work effectively and constructively with persons of
diverse cultures, language groups, and abilities; demonstrate
sensitivity to and ability to work with the diverse academic,
socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of community college
students, faculty, and staff, including those with disabilities;
establish and maintain effective working relationships with those
contacted in the course of work.
- College-level teaching experience is desired.
- Some experience in media production is preferred.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English.
Expected Start Date
Special Instructions Summary
This posting will be used to obtain a pool of qualified candidates.
As teaching needs arise, applications will be reviewed for possible
interviews. The number of adjunct faculty hired varies from
semester to semester, depending upon the needs of the department.
Adjunct faculty hires and assignments are coordinated by the
The Faculty Success Framework illustrates the fundamental elements
of a faculty member’s career at CLC . Its purpose is to support a
culture of continual faculty development and to provide full but
flexible paths for faculty to both consistently contribute to
student success efforts and cultivate professional fulfillment. Our
Guiding Principles for Teaching and Learning Excellence ( CLC CARES
) outline the qualities we expect CLC faculty will exemplify in
their professional and pedagogical engagement with students.
Applications will be accepted on an ongoing basis. Your application
can remain under consideration for the academic year. You may check
your status at any time by logging into firstname.lastname@example.org with
your username and password. Thanks for being patient with the
adjunct faculty hiring process.
Per Adjunct Contract
Total Hours per week
3 hours per section
Mondays & Wednesdays 1:00 – 2:15 p.m.
The College of Lake County is an equal opportunity employer and has
a strong commitment to diversity. In that spirit, it seeks a broad
spectrum of candidates including minorities, women and people with
Software Testing Required
Interview Process Requirements
Summary of Essential Functions
- The instructor is responsible for creating and distributing a
course syllabus, teaching all scheduled classes, and responding to
and evaluating student work.
- The course must be taught in accordance with the current
program approved course description and outline.
- Teach courses in subject field.
- Develop instructional materials.
- Assess student learning and assign grades.
- Attend required Adjunct meetings in the Fall and Spring
- Participate in college governance and other aspects of academic
- Maintain current knowledge of subject matter.
Posting Specific Questions - supplemental questions
- Adjunct Faculty members are expected to maintain current in
compliance training, including compliance under Title IX
“Responsible Employee” and, if applicable, Clery Act Campus
- Select, prepare and maintain current curriculum, course
outlines and printed and non-printed instructional materials.
- Teach courses as scheduled each academic semester.
- Provide instructional support to the students. Refer students,
when appropriate, to sources of specialized services within the
- Provide the Division and the students a syllabus that includes
course objectives and learning outcomes, attendance policies in
line with those of the college, texts and readings, timelines and
evaluation criteria, and any other information required by College,
Division, or departmental policy.
- Observe and evaluate student performance in meeting course
objectives and learning outcomes through assignments, projects,
discussions or examinations.
- Provide feedback in a timely manner on student progress.
- Deliver course content using a variety of teaching styles.
- Maintain office/discipline/grade/division records as required
by the College.
- Be available for student consultation through phone or
- Use the appropriate College policies and procedures to resolve
and document student complaints, concerns and problems.
- Assist in developing and administering discipline-appropriate
measures of student academic achievement, use departmental testing
instruments as provided. Administer other instruments designed to
measure student learning outcomes as requested and required by the
department. Provide all results as requested.
- Conduct all classes in accordance with an established and
current course syllabus and approved textbooks (and/or related
- Meet all classes for the scheduled time.
- Submit all grades (mid/final) electronically prior to the
required deadlines. Provide the Registrar appropriate grade
- Encourage students to submit course evaluations, review course
evaluations when available and use feedback to improve course
- Revise and update course content as needed.
- Participate, when appropriate, in the formation and meetings of
program advisory boards, college, division, and department
- Maintain a high level of professional ethics.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Dean or Associate
- POSITIONS SUPERVISED : None
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a Master of Arts or Masters of Fine Arts in
theatre technology or sound technology or a minimum of five (5)
years of equivalent professional experience in in Theatrical
- * Do you have a blend of training in management, technical and
- * Do you have abilities in programming and maintaining digital
- * Do you have any college-level teaching experience?
- * Do you have knowledge of media production?
- * Are you bilingual and proficient in Spanish and English?
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcript 1
- Unofficial Transcript 2
- Unofficial Transcript 3