Support the Health Center’s mission – to promote students’
development as healthy individuals and members of society
administering and coordinating office activities and facilitating
services for illness or injury. Provide patients’ non-clinical
needs in a manner that is professional, considerate and supportive
of the students’ health, safety and individual development.
- Room patients with scheduled appointments, take
- Collect medical history and perform vital signs
- Perform point of care testing as indicated
- Blood draws if certified in phlebotomy
- Ensure that the health center is clean by providing light
housekeeping and sanitation including but not limited to: changing
linens; washing tables, mattresses and kitchen areas; emptying
wastebaskets, and disinfect surfaces.
- Present appealing and timely meals and snacks to students by
ordering meals from Dining Services, maintaining stock of food and
food supplies, and cleaning the health center’s food service areas.
Knowledge of potential allergens and student’s dietary
- Provide considerate, friendly attention to patients’
non-clinical needs in a variety of ways, including but not limited
to responding to inquiries from students and parents, providing
linens as needed, and waking sleeping students on a timely
- Documenting and working in the Health Services Electronic
Health Records system.
- Follow Academy protocol for admitting and discharging
- Provide support for clinical care by assisting with front desk
administrative needs and answering phones.
- When necessary, assist provider or RN with monitoring
- Maintain strict confidentiality of medical information
according to Health Services’ confidentiality policies and
- Order and pick up meals for sick patients at Dining Hall.
- Gather and dispose of hazardous waste.
Knowledge, Skills & Competencies
Respect for diversity of identities and experiences, an orientation
toward equity and inclusion, and cultural competency in all aspects
of Academy life.
- Ability to function in a fast-paced environment, under short
time constraints, and within established deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to develop and
maintain collegial relationships.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work with students by building trust
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills as well as a
strong customer focus.
- A strict adherence to confidential policies is required.
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple priorities
and deadlines simultaneously.
- Proficient in MS Office.
- Willingness and ability to learn additional applications as
- High degree of organizational skills with the ability to be
flexible and multi-task with accuracy.
- Ability to follow verbal and written directions, maintain a
professional demeanor and restraint at all times, including
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusivity and to
serving the needs of a diverse and inclusive community with
diplomacy and tact.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Some college experience helpful.
- LNA or Medical Assistant preferred
- E xperience working with ill or injured patients
- Familiarity with adolescent issues and experience interacting
with adolescents is preferred.
- Experience working with adolescents in an educational setting
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job.
- Ability to sit in a normal seated position for extended periods
- Reaching by extending hand(s) or arm(s) in any direction.
- Finger dexterity required to manipulate objects with fingers
rather than with whole hand(s) or arm(s), for example using a
- Communication skills using the spoken and written word.
- Ability to see with normal parameters.
- Ability to use a visual display terminal with continuous wrist
movement on a keyboard.
- Ability to hear within normal range.
- Ability to lift and transport up to 25lbs without
- Successfully complete a criminal background check (reviewed
every 5 years).
- Successfully complete State of NH Criminal background (upon
- Clean Driving record (reviewed annually), if applicable