At Unity Environmental University we are on a mission tomake
environmental education accessible and affordable to all. Our
unique model combines a functional hierarchy and project-based
structure through our four Sustainable Education Business Units
(SEBUs) to promote collaboration and innovation (Distance
Education, Sustainable Ventures, Hybrid Learning and the Technical
Institute for Environmental Professions). We prioritize our
students' needs above all else, offering a variety of modalities,
including hybrid, in-person, hyflex, and online. Our innovative and
inclusive culture prepares students to tackle real-world challenges
and cultivate the next generation of environmental professionals
and leaders who can make a positive impact on our world.
We are dedicated to delivering quality education and experiences
that produce outstanding environmentally competent professionals
and inspire individuals from all walks of life to steward
About Distance Education
Distance Education provides an entirely asynchronous, online
learning experience that adapts to the unique circumstances of each
student. Our fully accredited bachelor's and master's degree
programs, as well as non-degree credits, empower learners to shape
their own educational journey. With 8 five-week terms for
undergraduates and 5 eight-week terms for graduate students, our
model offers unparalleled flexibility. You can learn at your own
pace, and take breaks as needed. By using your everyday environment
as your laboratory, you'll integrate your studies into your daily
life. This makes our education ideal for busy professionals who
seek to advance their careers while still honoring their
commitments. We are committed to empowering our students to become
the changemakers our world needs, wherever they are.
Talent Acquisition Administrative Specialist is a dedicated and
detail-oriented position that provides essential support in
handling new hire paperwork and basic inquiries for our adjunct
faculty members. This role is crucial in ensuring a smooth
onboarding process and maintaining effective communication channels
for our adjunct faculty. This position must possess excellent
organizational and communication skills and enjoy working in a
fast-paced educational setting.
Day to day responsibilities:
Do you have the skills?
- Coordinate and manage all administrative tasks related to the
onboarding of adjunct faculty members, ensuring a streamlined and
- Facilitate the completion of new hire paperwork, including
employment agreements, tax forms, and other required
- Works with the academic deans to identify talent for niche
adjunct teaching opportunities.
- Serve as a point of contact for adjunct faculty, providing
guidance and answering basic questions regarding administrative
procedures, policies, and resources.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of adjunct faculty
members, ensuring all necessary information is properly documented
- Collaborate with the Human Resources department to ensure
compliance with employment regulations and policies during the
- Assist in scheduling and coordinating orientation sessions for
new adjunct faculty members, providing them with necessary
information and resources.
- Act as a liaison between adjunct faculty members and various
departments within the institution, facilitating effective
communication and problem resolution.
- Ensures all adjuncts are notified and paid timely in accordance
with Unity College pay policies.
- Tracks adjuncts by term and updates applicable adjunct budget
- Conducts pre-employment reference checks and applicant
- Maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive information in a
professional and secure manner.
- Maintains Distance Education employee personnel records and
employee health records in a legal and confidential manner.
- Schedules interviews for full time applicants as needed.
- Manages employee training system and works with the CHRO and
Senior Leadership to schedule and execute ongoing professional
- Ensures online training system is up to date and employees are
notified of required training. Tracks training to ensure employees
complete required training and notifies supervisors of gaps.
- Prepares and distributes reports and correspondence as
- Ensures that the President’s vision is inculcated into every
aspect of human resources function.
- Though this position reports to the Chief Human Resources
Officer, it must be responsive to the President’s requests even if
they do not come from the CHRO.
- Pro-actively communicate challenges, successes, and failures
- Other duties as assigned.
Are you contemplating the job but uncertain if you should
apply? We encourage you to reach out to us regardless. At our
company, we acknowledge that not everyone begins their professional
journey with equal advantages, opportunities, or privileges.
Therefore, we value your unique skills and experiences. Take a
chance and submit your application; you may be precisely the
individual we're searching for!
Location: Pineland Farms, New Gloucester, Maine
- Bachelor’s Degree, or Associate degree with a combination of
- Working knowledge of federal/state/local laws and regulations
related to the areas of workplace planning and employment and human
resources development activities.
- Knowledgeable in employment laws and regulations.
- Basic computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft products.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to
questions from managers, students, parents and the general
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and
- Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality in all
matters concerning employees.
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task and establish priorities for meeting
deadlines, using time efficiently.
- Ability to function effectively within a matrix organizational
structure, maintaining open lines of communication while being
discreet, courteous and well poised.
Just a half hour from Portland, Unity Environmental University
Headquarters, Unity Environmental University Distance Education,
The Technical School for Environmental Professions, and the School
of Environmental Business & Sustainable Ventures are based at
the Pineland Farms campus. The facilities are within easy access to
one of the fastest-growing cities for startups in the
Work hours are specific to the requirements of this position and
can include days, evenings, weekends. Working extended hours may be
required as needed andUnity Environmental Universityemployees must
be flexible and cooperative in fulfilling their responsibilities
while meeting the College’s needs.
Although at Unity Environmental UniversityEnterprise employees are
generally scheduled to work at their base location, there are times
when travel is necessary and employees are required from time to
time to attend events, meetings or work temporary assignment at
anyUnity Environmental Universitylocation.
While performing the duties of this job, it is regularly required
to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to
stand or walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up
to 20 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include
close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception,
and the ability to adjust focus. The use of either hand for
repetitive movements such as grasping, grasping, and turning, and
fine manipulation is required as is the ability to use the
telephone for internal and external communications.
Unity Environmental University offers a comprehensive and
competitive compensation and benefits package for its faculty and
staff. Benefits for eligible employees include:
- Paid holidays off
- 4 weeks of PTO
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Short- and Long-term disability
- Life Insurance
- Retirement Plan with up to 8% match
- Relocation Assistance