College of Optometry
UMSL OPTOMETRY MOBILE EYE CENTER DRIVER
BASIC FUNCTION AND RESPONSIBILITY
This is work involving operation of Mobile Eye Unit and performance
of routine duties which may require manual labor. Work is reviewed
by observation for efficiency, safety and overall results.
Functional contacts include co-workers and other university staff
- Operate Mobile Eye Unit for performing transportation to and
from various locations throughout St. Louis and the surrounding
area. In connection with driving duties, employees of this class
may be required to operate mechanical or hydraulic vehicle
attachments to accomplish assignments.
- May transport students and their equipment to and from work
- May pick up and deliver materials at the start of each work day
for transport on the Mobile Eye Unit.
- May be required to perform light custodial services on Mobile
- Perform routine driver maintenance including observation and
reporting of vehicle defects.
- May perform or assist in performance of any of the following:
preparation of cost estimates, preparation of material orders,
maintenance of records and preparation of reports.
- Because of necessary fluctuations of work loads, an incumbent
in this class may be required on an occasional basis and according
to need to perform duties outside his area at a level of skill the
same as or lower than required by his ordinary assignment. Normal
safety requirements, scheduling and the most efficient use of
manpower and equipment are taken into consideration in such
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Under direct supervision of the Assistant Director of Clinical
Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States. The
University will not sponsor applicants for this position for
Anticipated Hiring Range
- A high school diploma or an equivalent combination of education
and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be
acquired is necessary.
- Must be able to read and write.
- One year experience in driving appropriate size vehicle.
- Skill in the safe and efficient operation of appropriate size
- Knowledge of state and local laws governing the operation of
- At least 18 years of age.
- A person working in this classification will need to be able to
lift moderately heavy (25-50 lb) objects on a daily basis.
- Possession of a valid state driver’s license is required.
- A valid “Class E” Commercial Driver’s License.
Pay commensurate with education and experience.
Pay Range: Minimum Hourly: $12.42 - $16.34
University Title: Driver
Applicants must combine all application materials (cover letter and
resume) into one PDF or Microsoft Word document and upload as a
Limit document name to 50 characters. Maximum size limit is 11MB.
Do not include special characters (e.g., /, &, %, etc.) to the
UMSL Job site: Http://umsl.jobs.
For questions about the application process, please call (314)
516-5805. If you are experiencing technical problems, please email
Finalists will be required to complete a skills test administered
online. The skills test will take between 45-60 minutes to
This position is not eligible for University benefits. Individuals
in non benefit eligible positions may choose to participate in the
Tax Deferred Annuity Plan (403b). For information about this plan,
please visit the Faculty & Staff Benefits website at https://www.umsystem.edu/totalrewards/benefits
We value the uniqueness of every individual and strive to ensure
each person’s success. Contributions from individuals with diverse
backgrounds, experiences and perspectives promote intellectual
pluralism and enable us to achieve the excellence that we seek in
learning, research and engagement. This commitment makes our
university a better place to work, learn and innovate. In your
application materials, please discuss your experiences and
expertise that support these values and enrich our missions of
teaching, research and engagement.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of Missouri System is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal Opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and
applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated
ability and competence without unlawful discrimination on the basis
of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex,
pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression,
age, disability, or protected veteran status, or any other status
protected by applicable state or federal law. This policy applies
to all employment decisions including, but not limited to,
recruiting, hiring, training, promotions, pay practices, benefits,
disciplinary actions and terminations. For more information, visit