eSpelman Online Instructor-Cosmetic Science Program
Area of Study
Cosmetic Science Program
Fall Semester 2023
About the College
Spelman College seeks teacher/scholars dedicated to excellence in
teaching and to the continued enhancement of the academic
environment for students and colleagues. Founded in 1881, Spelman
College is a private four-year liberal arts college located in
Atlanta, GA. The oldest historically Black college for women in the
United States, Spelman is a member of the Atlanta University Center
Consortium and Atlanta Regional Consortium for Higher
The eSpelman Cosmetic Science Program invites applicants for a
part-time lecturer pool. We are seeking a candidate who can teach
cosmetic science at the undergraduate level. The successful
candidate should be able to teach asynchronously, demonstrate
mastery of online instruction, and create engaging content for
non-tradition academic setting.
Course to be taught will include, but are not limited to:
• Foundations in Cosmetic Science
• Molecules of Life for Cosmetics
• Toxicology and Regulations for Cosmetic Science
• Natural Product in Fragrance Formulation
• Make-up for Film and Theater
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
• Teach courses in the assigned discipline by adapting teaching,
advising, and coaching methodologies for working adult learners and
communicating subject matter clearly and effectively.
• Provide constructive and timely feedback to assist students in
achieving completion of course objectives and learning
• Motivate students to actively participate in all aspects of the
• Engage students in building a supportive online learning
• Lead are contribute to the development of new
• Assist in conducting course review, student learning outcomes
assessment, and program review.
• Demonstrate commitment to professional development, including but
not limited to activities such as: participating in professional
conferences, workshops, seminars, serving in statewide committees
or professional organizations, conducting research projects,
publishing scholarly works, etc.
• Participate in eSpelman hosted meetings, orientations, training,
etc., and stay engaged with the Spelman community.
• Meet record keeping obligations on time in accordance with
eSpelman policies, e.g. grades, attendance, reports, etc.
• Perform other duties as outlined within teaching agreement.
A minimum of a Master’s degree from an accredited institution in a
discipline relevant to chemistry or cosmetic sciences at the time
Posting Detail Information
Special Instructions to Applicants
Any correspondence regarding the position or your application will
be relayed to you by our Faculty Affairs Team. Please do not reach
out to any department faculty regarding the position or status of
your application. We appreciate your interest and
Spelman College is an EEO /Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Title
IX Employer and we participate in E-Verify. We are a smoke-free
Deadline to Receive Letter(s) of Reference
COVID-19 Vaccination Protocol
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Documents Needed To Apply
- Curriculum Vitae
- Transcripts (unofficial)