Job Posting Closing Times:
Job postings are removed from
advertising at 12:00 A.M.
on the closing date e.g., at
midnight on the day before the closing date.
Austin Community College is a public two-year institution that
serves a diverse population of approximately 41,000 credit students
each Fall and Spring semester. We embrace our identity as a
community college, as reflected in our mission statement. We
promote student success and community development by providing
affordable access, through traditional and distance learning modes,
to higher education and workforce training, including appropriate
applied baccalaureate degrees, in our service area.
As a community college committed to our mission, we seek to recruit
and retain a workforce that:
Commitment to Equity and Inclusion
- Reflects the diversity of our community
- Values intellectual curiosity and innovative teaching
- Is attracted by the college's mission to promote equitable
access to educational opportunities
- Cares about student success and collaborates on strategies to
facilitate success for under-represented populations
- Welcomes difference and models respectful interaction with
- Engages with the community both within and outside of ACC
ACC is committed to the ongoing systemic changes needed to ensure
the increased recruitment, inclusion, retention, and completion of
historically underserved and underrepresented populations. Through
continual strategic community engagement and professional
development of administrators, faculty, staff, and students, the
college demonstrates its dedication to fostering a culture and
climate for equitable outcomes.
ACC is proud to serve a diverse student body as an open-access and
low-cost institution. Dedicated faculty members are excellent
professors who help students achieve their educational goals and
are sensitive to our students' diverse cultures and socio-economic
backgrounds. In 2017 our faculty adopted a Statement of ACC Faculty
Values. This Statement affirms that ACC's faculty members value
collaboration, service, agency, scholarship, inclusion, and
teaching, all of which attest to our commitment to equity,
diversity, and inclusion at the heart of our mission.
Job Posting Title:
Assistant, Senior Administrative
Job Description Summary:
To provide advanced clerical and administrative support.
Description of Duties and Tasks
1) Provides administrative support of a responsible and complex
nature and assists multiple departments. Performs with autonomy and
2) Coordinates departmental activities.
3) Performs administrative duties in support of faculty, staff,
and/or student efforts, including examining and answering
correspondence, processing and prioritizing office communications,
processing mail, answering the telephone and email, arranging
conference calls, and maintaining or coordinating the supervisor's
4) Gathers and compiles data, and produces specialized reports and
documents. Maintains files, records, logs, and other tracking
5) Responds to and/or directs inquiries in person or on the
telephone. Accesses and works with other staff to resolve issues
from students, employees, and the public.
6) Maintains schedules, calendars, and appointments, which may
include meetings and events and the arrangements associated with
such, including preparing agendas, minutes, equipment, location,
information packets, and follow up action items.
7) Performs complex computer activities including word processing,
data collection, analysis of information, scheduling processes, and
creating visual and graphic presentations; may update websites or
use social media.
8) Coordinates the purchases of equipment and supplies; processes
requisitions, monitors multiple departments budgets, maintains
asset inventories, and assists in preparing budgets for some
9) Analyzes operating practices such as record keeping systems,
forms control, personnel, and budgetary requirements to create new
systems or procedures.
10) May serve as a technical resource for computer hardware and
software and other office equipment such as copiers and fax
11) May coordinate and review work of office or department
12) May be assigned responsibility for special projects such as
compiling special reports, scheduling rooms, compiling information,
processing new hire paperwork, and creating presentation
* Correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation, and
* Principles and methods of budget preparation and expenditure
* Records retention, preservation, and recording.
* Office management processes and procedures.
* Maintaining an established work schedule. Some positions may be
required to work evenings and/or weekends.
* Effectively using interpersonal and communications skills.
* Effectively using organizational and planning skills, including
the use of attention to detail and follow-through.
* Compiling and organizing complex material, and summarizing
discussions and actions taken in report form.
* Reviewing and preparing narrative and statistical reports and
* Interpreting and applying rules, regulations, policies, and
* Maintaining confidentiality of work-related information and
* Establishing and maintaining effective working
* Effective customer-orientation when working with a diverse
* Use a variety of spreadsheet, word processing, database, and
presentation software including Word, Excel, and Power Point.
* May use social media, work with desktop publishing, and update
Required Work Experience
* Three years related work experience.
* Associate degree.
Four years of related work experience may substitute for this
education requirement. Applicants who substitute work experience to
meet the education requirement must use additional related work
experience to meet the years of "Required Work Experience" for this
position. Please note that the college reserves the right to amend
these terms of substitution at any time.
* Work is performed in a standard office or similar
* Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching,
pushing, and pulling.
* Occasional lifting of objects up to 10 pounds.
$44,817 - $56,021
This position reports to the Dean of Science, Engineering and
Number of Openings:
Job Posting Close Date:
October 1, 2023 Clery Act
As required by the US Department of Education, employees are
required to report violations under Title IX and, under the Jeanne
Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act
(Clery Act), select individuals are required to report crimes. If
this position is identified as a Campus Security Authority (Clery
Act), you will be notified, trained, and provided resources for
The above description is an overview of the job. It is not intended
to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the
job, nor is it an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities
required to do the job. Duties and responsibilities may change with
business needs. ACC reserves the right to add, change, amend, or
delete portions of this job description at any time, with or
without notice. Employees may be required to perform other duties
as requested, directed, or assigned. In addition, reasonable
accommodations may be made by ACC at its discretion to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions of the
If you are a current Austin Community College
employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday