The University of North Florida is seeking a Director of Operations
for the UNF Preschool.
Salary: $80,000 to negotiable
Mission of the Preschool
of UNF Preschool is to provide high-quality school
readiness and development programs for the children
of UNF students, faculty, staff and the general public.
Purpose of the Preschool
The UNF Preschool’s purpose is twofold: 1.
Firstly, the Center provides children with a warm,
accepting environment and meaningful experiences that encourage
them to value and respect themselves, others and their world. It
strives to help children develop self-worth, self-awareness,
consideration for the welfare of others, an ethic of sharing, and a
love of learning, while preparing them for their future academic
endeavors. 2. Secondly, the Center provides the
University a research and training site for students and faculty in
Education and other majors. Students and faculty
of UNF and partnering institutions use the Center for
research, pre-internship work, observation, and volunteer
opportunities for their coursework. Preschool
The UNF Preschool
offers a Reggio-Inspired curriculum that thoughtfully
integrates STEM, literacy, and the arts through project-based
The below statements are intended to describe the general nature
and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a
complete listing of all responsibilities, duties, and/or skills
required. Other duties may be assigned. Liaison to College of
Education & Human services
- Serves as a member of the early childhood faculty team.
- Demonstrates a knowledge base and commitment to Reggio-Inspired
early childhood curriculum that thoughtfully
integrate STEM and the arts through project-based
- Collaborates with the Director of UNF Preschool
Research and Professional Development and early childhood faculty
by proposing and implementing research-based curriculum and
- Provides regular briefings on plans and progress of curriculum
and instruction initiatives.
- Partners with COEHS faculty to develop and maintain
collaborative relationships with partners to ensure successful
pre-service curriculum development opportunities;
- Leads the planning and delivery of effective professional
development opportunities that improve teaching and learning
Operations- Directs the operations of the UNF Preschool.
- Provides visionary leadership and directs the day-to-day
operations in the administration and management of Preschool.
- Recruits, hires, supervises, and evaluates staff.
- Maintains a strong culture of inquiry, professional learning,
and documentation of student learning
- Create and actively promote a comfortable and nurturing
environment where every child, teacher and parent is treated with
dignity and respect, in a friendly personalized manner.
- Ensures preschool curriculum is aligned to
the COEHS mission, strategic goals, and objectives and
housed in a learning management system.
- Pursues funding resources and prepares and oversees the budget
for the Preschool.
- Assures effective communication with all stakeholders,
including advisory board.
- Demonstrates a commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- Ensure consistent compliance with the State of Florida’s
licensing requirements, including Gold Seal, Guiding Stars, staff
qualifications, teacher/child ratios, health and safety
- Ensures accountability and compliance with student academic
progress, as measured by district, state and national
- Provides guidance, communicates expectations, and demonstrates
ownership of student progress.
- Understand and applies the Florida Evaluation Systems and the
Florida Teacher Evaluation Systems.
- Complies with state policies and procedures for the education
of students identified as having a disability and/or special
- Monitors and reports on compliance with accreditation goals and
Board of Education (BOE) governance policies; creates and monitors
appropriate action plans.
Research/External Funding Oversight
- Researches and evaluates successful programs nationwide to
identify ways the preschool can improve teaching and learning in
- Collaboratively seeks and implements funded proposals and
complies with reporting requirements.
- Maintains current knowledge of best practices, trends, new
developments, legal mandates, and court rulings related to
education and academic practices, particularly in an urban
- Collaborates with community partners to advance a collective
goal of preparing students for kindergarten and beyond.
- Provides collaboration with school-based administrators and
practicing teachers to develop teaching and learning strategies
that improve the quality of curriculum and instruction in early
- Networks with DCPS and other large urban districts
and other UNF Professional Development schools sharing
best practices and research-in-action
- Five (5) or more years of Early Childhood experience or related
field, including school and/or educational leadership
- Valid Florida Directors credential (Or is able to obtain it
within 30 days of employment).
PREFERENCE GIVEN TO:
· Doctoral Degree in Early
Childhood Education or related field. ·
Knowledge and experience related to implementing
Reggio-inspired, project-based, and STEM ·
History of external funding ·
Knowledge and experience related to teacher research
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated knowledge and successful implementation of
instructional development strategies.
- Strong knowledge of urban educational challenges and
accrediting and regulatory standards, and school funding related to
- Strong knowledge of curriculum and instruction teaching
strategies and theories in education.
- Strong knowledge of models for the development and assessment
- Strong knowledge of early childhood education and childhood
- Analytical ability to lead the design, implementation, and
management of teaching and learning programs.
- Supervisory skills to manage the daily operations and
administration of assigned functions effectively.
- Proven record of championing curriculum and instructional
development to maximize school effectiveness.
- Excellent team-building, coaching, facilitation, and
interpersonal skills with all levels in an organization.
- Personal demonstration of continuous learning.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively serve as a leader and
member of a team.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills, including
effective presentation skills.
Applicants must complete an online application in OASys at http://www.unfjobs.org
and must upload
all required documents to be considered for this position.
Applicants must include list of names, addresses and phone numbers
of 3 references in their application (letters to be provided if
hired). Once you finalize your completed application and have
submitted the required documents, you will receive a confirmation
number. Keep the confirmation number for this position for your
records. If you have any questions about the university or the
search process or the position itself, contact Megan Porter at
email@example.com, or the position itself contact Christian
Winterbottom at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants who do not
apply on-line or do not upload all the required documentation will
not be considered for this position.