Advertised Pay: $18.17/hour with the potential for a higher
rate commensurate with experience
Campus Location: Washburn University
The screening committee will review all eligible applications
submitted by July 25, 2023
Position Summary: The Scholarships Specialist processes
scholarships promptly while ensuring compliance with federal,
state, and institutional regulations. The Specialist will play an
important role in the setup and distribution of scholarships
through our scholarship software.
• Answer scholarship-related questions from students, departments,
and outside organizations
• Train other users on the scholarship software and track
scholarship expenditures to stay within budget
• Responsible for understanding Title IV regulations as
scholarships may impact student Title IV eligibility and ensuring
compliance with federal regulations
• Will process institutional scholarships and outside scholarships
on student accounts
• Responsible for communicating with students and families
throughout the scholarship process
• Will collaborate with faculty and staff to resolve scholarship
• Must maintain scholarship records and run appropriate reports to
assist with processing scholarships
• Provide excellent customer service in person, over the phone, and
• Responsible for creating and maintaining a procedural
• Will provide cross-training to colleagues and assist with
• Perform additional job-related duties as assigned or as
• High school diploma or GED equivalent.
• Two years of full-time equivalent work experience in an office
environment providing information to customers related to
• Proven ability to communicate effectively and make complex
decisions per established policies and procedures.
• Proven ability to interact tactfully with customers to resolve
issues. Well-defined interpersonal and customer service skills in
an office setting.
• Demonstrated capacity of performing varied and detailed functions
effectively in a fast-paced environment with frequent
• Demonstrated effective attention to detail and accuracy.
• Proven experience working with databases Preferred Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree.
• Two years of Financial Aid work experience or other closely
• Experience with Ellucian’s Banner student information
Full time Hourly Mon-Fri 8am-5pm
Background Check Required