Duties and Responsibilities:
AUM Dining, within the Division of Campus/Auxiliary Services, at
Auburn University at Montgomery is seeking to hire a seasoned and
skilled part time cook.
The candidate selected for this position will be a fundamental team
member of Campus Dining which delivers nutritional food options
through various venues.
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the
- Ensure that all cooking, prep, and food handling areas and
surfaces are thoroughly cleaned and sanitized at the end of every
- Keep kitchen and equipment used in meal preparation cleaned
- Utilize proper storage and handling procedures on all food and
- Work in conjunction with line cooks and kitchen staff
If interested, complete the online application, submit your resume
and professional references. Tell us about your prior experience,
training, and/or certifications. If selected, you will be contacted
for the next step in our hiring process.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of supplies, equipment, and/or services ordering and
- Ability to follow routine verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to effectively communicate.
- Ability to understand and follow safety procedures.
- Ability to safely use cleaning equipment and supplies.
- Knowledge of food preparation and presentation methods,
techniques, and quality standards.
Education: High school diploma or GED
Experience: 2 years experience
Job Open Date:
This posting will remain open until closed:
Job Close Date:
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Auburn University at Montgomery reserves the right once
interviewing has begun to stop accepting applications.
About the University/College
Located in Alabama’s vibrant state capital, Auburn University at
Montgomery is a fast-growing university on the rise. Don’t just
take our word for it: The Princeton Review rates us as one of the
best colleges in the Southeast, while U.S. News & World Report
recently ranked us No. 22 among regional universities in the South
for the quality of undergraduate teaching and 38th among all public
institutions in the region.
Auburn University at Montgomery is an equal opportunity employer
committed to excellence through diversity; therefore, we encourage
applications from historically underrepresented groups, veterans,
and individuals with disabilities.
Position Profile Link
- Professional Reference Sheet
Posting Specific Questions
- Cover Letter
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).