Laboratory Specialist - Engineering, Mathematics and Physical Sciences Division
Posting Number S01016 Position Title Laboratory Specialist - Engineering, Mathematics and Physical Sciences Division Internal Position Title Department Engineering/Math/Phy Sci Div Position Type Part-Time Flex Job Family Part-Time Flex Job Summary
The Earth Science Laboratory Specialist will organize, label, replenish, and store minerals and rock samples from the ESC lab. This Lab Specialist will also be responsible for the handling and movement of the samples from the temporary storage facility to their permanent location.
-Bachelor’s degree or higher with at least 12 undergraduate credit hours in Earth Science. -Experience identifying rocks and minerals.
-Knowledge of rock samples and minerals. -Ability to perform the physical requirements, mainly moving samples.
Experience with ESC classes.
Posting Date 05/15/2019 Closing Date Expected Start Date Special Instructions Summary
-The reviewing of applications received as well as interviewing and hiring will begin immediately.
-This is a part-time flex position and employment shall be on an at-will basis, the duration of which shall be in accordance with the needs of the College of Lake County.
-Part-time flex employees are not eligible to participate in any benefits program at the College, including tuition reimbursement, tuition waiver, health insurance or paid time off.
Pay Rate $16.88/HR Full-Time/Part-Time Part-Time Flex Location Grayslake Total Hours per week 6-10 Work Schedule
Software Testing Required None Interview Process Requirements None EEO Statement
The College of Lake County is an equal opportunity employer and has a strong commitment to diversity. In that spirit, it seeks a broad spectrum of candidates including minorities, women and people with disabilities. EOE /AA/M/F/D/V
Summary of Essential Functions
During afternoons/evenings and other needed times, in a part-time capacity and working with the Full-Time Faculty:
Monitors the use of the Earth Science area labs and prep area:
1. Make a daily check of the minerals, rocks and other samples to make sure they are stored in the appropriate area.
2. Maintains equipment used in the ESC lab and in the minerals and rock collection.
3. Maintains and organizes the tool and supply cabinets in the prep area.
4. Maintains inventory of all minerals, rocks, samples, and tools.
5. Make a daily check that tools are in their proper place.
6. Performs routine check and set up of equipment utilized in the ESC prep area and labs as needed..
7. Assist the ESC department chair and full-time faculty in the preparation of a full report of all minerals, samples, rocks, tools, and any other inventory in the ESC labs and prep-room, including quantities, location, use, and safety determinations.
8. Reports damaged or missing samples, tools or minerals to the full-time faculty.
10. Maintains, distributes, collects, and inventories all college supplies, equipment and material.
11. Assists students who may need use of ESC lab material.
12. Assists the instructors in setting up labs and checking on samples.
13. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Posting Specific Questions - supplemental questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a Bachelor’s degree or higher with at least 12
undergraduate credit hours in Earth Science?
- * Do you have experience identifying rocks and minerals?
- * Do you have knowledge of rock samples and minerals?
- * Do you have the ability to perform physical requirements of
the job, mainly moving samples?
- * Do you have experience with ESC classes?
- Unofficial Transcript 1
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcript 2
- Unofficial Transcript 3
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Part Time jobs in Gages Lake
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Part Time jobs in Gages Lake
- Biology & Life Sciences Not specified Part Time jobs in Gages Lake
- Geology & Earth Sciences Not specified Part Time jobs in Gages Lake
- Other Science & Technology Not specified Part Time jobs in Gages Lake