Assistant Board Liaison
District Office at 180 N. Wabash
City Colleges of Chicago (CCC), the largest community college
system in Illinois, is made up of seven colleges and five satellite
sites, providing more than 70,000 students each year access to a
quality, affordable education.
The Board of Trustees is the governing body of City Colleges of
Chicago Community College District No. 508. The City Colleges of
Chicago Board of Trustees is comprised of seven voting members
serving three-year terms as appointed by the Mayor with the
approval of the City Council of Chicago. The Board includes one
student trustee elected from one of the Colleges through a
Reporting to the Chief Advisor, the Assistant Board Liaison
performs a variety of complex and confidential administrative
functions, exercising decision-making and judgement on sensitive
issues in support of the functions of the Board of Trustees and to
ensure the highest quality of materials and communications to the
- Assists the Chief Advisor in ensuring internal communications
between Chancellor, senior staff and the Board of Trustees is
strong and the lines of communication are kept open.
- Maintains the official records of the District and the Board of
Trustees and attests and certifies all official board actions.
- Prepares the annual master schedule for Board and Board
committee meetings, working closely with internal and external
- Coordinates the preparation of Board materials, working closely
with college presidents and senior leadership to obtain
information, reviews documents and edits materials within
established timelines to produce monthly Board report.
- Prepares Board meeting agendas, advance materials and script
for Board Chair and other Trustees. Coordinates logistics for
meetings related to scheduling, location, accessibility, technology
setup, security detail, and other special arrangements. Functions
as the primary scheduler for Trustees and Chief Advisor.
- Prepares official meeting records, manages public notices and
agenda postings in compliance with the Illinois Open Meetings
- Maintains website for the Board of Trustees, organizing board
reports and records archived and made available on the website for
- Communicates with and provides information to the Board of
Trustees relating to issues under consideration in the absence of,
or as directed by, the Chief Advisor.
- Attends all committee and board meetings, recording all board
actions and taking notes for preparation of official meeting
records. Ensures flow and procedures of meetings and facilitates
logistical support to the Trustees before, during, and after
meetings. Assists the Chair during public comment and official
- Records and transcribes all closed/executive session minutes
- Drafts and reviews Board related correspondence on a variety of
matters, including those of a sensitive and confidential
- Researches, prioritizes and follows-up on issues and concerns
addressed to the Chief Advisor. Prepares responses including
correspondence and reports.
- Maintains Board Office resource library with relevant
governance materials including but not limited to copies of state
statutes and regulations, Board of Trustees Policies and Procedures
and Bylaws, CCC’s Academic Policy and Procedures Manual, and the
Student Policy Manual.
- Maintains standards of excellence in maintaining official Board
of Trustees documents, historical records, meeting minutes, and
other official documents.
- Coordinates the submission of registration documents for
Trustees to attend conferences, institutes, and seminars, and makes
hotel and travel arrangements.
- Works with appropriate departments to coordinate the provision
of computer and technical support and resources to Board
- Assists Chief Advisor in the onboarding of student board member
each year, as well as the orientation and onboarding of newly
- Performs other tasks as directed by the Chief Advisor to the
Board of Trustees.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Four years of business/office experience in an administrative
or similar role
- Experience working with a Board in an executive assistant role
- Experience working as an assistant or comparable role reporting
to a high-level executive desirable
- Prior work experience in the public sector or a community
college environment desirable
- Flexibility and ability to work evening hours occasionally
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Excellent writing, proofreading and editing skills
- Excellent project management and organizational skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to work within a culturally diverse environment
- Ability to exercise tact and diplomacy in handling sensitive
- Ability to work with a high degree of professionalism
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Knowledge of a variety of software programs, including
Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Adobe Acrobat and
We offer: excellent health and welfare benefit package and
long-term savings and investment programs including 403(b) &
457(b) Investment Plans and a pension plan with the State
University Retirement System (SURS) Plan. Generous vacation,
holiday, personal and sick days, and tuition reimbursement. For a
more detailed overview of benefits, please visit the benefits page
of our website.
Chicago residency is required for all full-time employees within 6
months of hire.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Thank
you for your interest in City College of Chicago!