Eligible for $500 Sign on Bonus
Relocation reimbursement available for those beyond 50 miles of
Provide effective leadership and instruction for the Central
Heating Plant team, assigning the day to day maintenance and
operational needs for campus steam generation/distribution systems
as well as maintenance and operation of academies ice rink chiller
Knowledge, Skills and Competencies
- Supervise Central Heating Plant employees by managing
attendance, work assignments, schedules, appraisals, training,
documenting deficiencies and perform quality assurance for
installation, repairs, and preventative maintenance on steam
generation/distribution and ice rink chiller equipment.
- Execute and enhance routine preventative maintenance work on
all steam generating, auxiliary and ice rink equipment.
- Monitor, analyze and troubleshoot PLC- based controls and
related electro-mechanical devices including temperature &
pressure sensors, level switches, electronic control valves, VFDs
- Monitor, operate and maintain steam generation/distribution
equipment, auxiliaries and ice equipment including ammonia chiller
and brine system.
- Stand boiler plant watch and perform fireman duties as
- Perform boiler water tests, adjust boiler water chemicals,
maintain records of temperature, fluid levels, and inspections to
- Order and safely maintain boiler and refrigeration system
- Schedule and supervise required boiler inspections
- Regenerate water softeners as needed.
- Troubleshoot, repair, and maintain equipment using computers,
PLCs, meters, hand and power tools.
- Perform planned and emergency maintenance.
- Train CHP operators and staff on plant equipment, processes,
- Develop/ update CHP operating & training guides as
requested by leadership.
- Remain available as first point of contact for off-hour
- Assist with maintenance and upkeep of underground steam
distribution vault work.
- Supervise a safe and clean working environment for compliance
with occupational safety requirements.
- Respond to after hour emergencies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Respect for diversity of identities and experiences, an
orientation toward equity and inclusion, and cultural competency in
all aspects of Academy life.
- Must be able to work with a computer, boiler and refrigeration
control systems, perform preventative and corrective maintenance
work orders in the electronic work control program, complete
assigned safety training modules.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills.
- Must be able to read and comprehend technical instructions and
drawings regarding the operation, maintenance, and repair of
equipment and systems.
- Must be able to efficiently operate computer and automated
software, including PLCs & spreadsheets.
- Central Heating Plant Operators and Central Heating Plant
- High School diploma.
- Stationary Engineer License; 1st, 2nd,
3rd Grade preferred
- Previous certification welding carbon steel using the GTAW and
SMAW processes a plus
- Previous OSHA training or certification a plus.
- A minimum of five years in steam plant operations is
- Demonstrated use of process automation systems; including PLCs
& computer-based control systems
- Experience with commercial refrigeration equipment
- Experience with Hawk ICS Control Systems preferred.
- Experience in an institutional or campus setting
- Experience working with adolescents in an educational setting
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job.
- Ability to lift and transport up to 50 lbs without
- Ability to climb stairs, ladders and scaffold and work at
- Ability to work in confined spaces.
- Ability to work in extreme hot or cold conditions.
- Ability to wear personal protective equipment as appropriate
for the assignment.
- Successfully complete a criminal background check (reviewed
every 5 years).
- Clean Driving record (reviewed annually) .
- Required to be able to reach campus within 45 minutes if
called out afterhours for an emergency
- *Essential personnel are required to report to or remain at
work if instructed directly by designated personnel during
emergency events or inclement weather.