The Director of Workforce Development and Employment Services is a
managerial level position directing a distinct Baltimore City
Community College (BCCC) department within a division directly
related to the college’s strategic plan. The Workforce Development
and Employment Services department (called the Panther
), has a direct and measurable impact on the achievement
of identified priority outputs and outcomes in the strategic plan.
The Director is responsible for all aspects of program success,
stakeholder engagement, accountability reporting, and quality
assurance. The Director supervises, as allocated, authorized
professional positions assigned to the distinct program area. The
Director receives executive direction from the Vice President of
Workforce Development and Continuing Education Division.
- Providing Career Development Services (such as career
information, career counseling, and job placement) for BCCC
- Enhancing BCCC Workforce Development Programs though the
delivery of Job-Readiness courses and industry-specific information
- Expanding Business Partnerships to provide a range of career
services, including work-based learning opportunities, internships,
and employment placement for graduates.
- Expanding Community and College Partnerships to align services
and programs to support student success in terms of degree
completion, employment, and career advancement.
- Developing customized career services (curriculum and support
services) for each WDCED program so that all students are provided
a continuum of services leading to employment.
- Managing staff of the Panther Center to ensure alignment to
grants, contracts, and accountability requirements of all WDCED
- Directs all program activities for a distinct Department within
the Workforce Development and Continuing Education Division deemed
critical to achieving a measurable output or outcome directly
related to one or more of the college’s strategic goals.
- Develops and implements regulations, policies, procedures, and
guidelines for the college’s program, and monitors and evaluates
- Develops and implements strategies to insure measurable
achievement in critical program outputs or outcomes that directly
contribute to meeting strategic plan goals and objectives.
- Advises and makes recommendations to the Vice President or
higher level College official concerning the program area.
- Plans, organizes, and supervises the work of professional
personnel including the conduct of their performance
- Supervises the preparation and administration of the assigned
budget and required BCCC planning documents.
- Represents the Division in an official capacity at meetings as
- Performs other related duties.
- Master’s degree in education or related field
- 7 yrs experience working in k-12 or higher education.
- 3 years’ experience in job placement and career services
- 5 years of supervisory experience
- 10 years or more working in k-12 or higher education
- 7 years of supervisory experience
- 7 years of experience with job placement and career