This position is security-sensitive and thereby subject to the
provisions of the Texas Education Code §51.215, which authorizes
the employer to obtain criminal history record information.
Lecturer-Pool Faculty of Political Science (Public Administration)
2023-2024 – up to 3 positions to be filled
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
Part-Time Non-Tenure Track
College of Humanities and Social Sciences
Dept of Political Science
Refer Applicants To
Dr. Jason Enia
Professor and Chair
Department of Political Science
Sam Houston State University
Huntsville, TX 77341-2149
Duties Performed in the Usual Course of the Job
The Department of Political Science seeks a qualified instructor to
teach courses in our online Masters in Public Administration ( MPA
) program during the 2023-2024 academic year. We are especially
interested in finding a candidate that could teach “Global Disaster
Politics” or offer a “Special Topics” course that would fit into
the program’s concentration in Emergency Management. Depending on
student demand and instructor qualifications, we could have
additional opportunities upper-division undergraduate
Educational Requirements for the Position
Ph.D. in political science or public administration preferred; will
consider candidates that are ABD in a relevant Ph.D. program and/or
candidates that have a master’s degree in public
Experience Required for the Position
Teaching experience, especially online-teaching experience, is
Other Requirements for the Position
Special Instructions Summary
Please direct your questions regarding this position to Dr. Jason
Open Until Filled
Sam Houston State University is an Equal Employment
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and Smoke/Drug-Free
Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, creed, ancestry, marital status,
citizenship, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran
status, disability status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, or gender
identity or expression. Sam Houston State University is an “at
will” employer. Employees with a contract will have additional
terms and conditions. Security sensitive positions at SHSU require
background checks in accordance with Education Code § 51.215.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you learn about this position?
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Diverse Issues in Higher Education
- HBCU Connect - Historically Black Colleges and
- HACU - Hispanic Association of Colleges & Universities
- The Journal of Blacks in Higher Education
- Association for Women in Science
- TWC - Work in Texas
- Inside Higher Ed
- Higher Ed Jobs
- HERC - Higher Education Recruitment Consortium
- SHSU Website
- SHSU Employee
- SHSU Recruiter
- If your response to the question above was 'SHSU Employee'
please indicate employee's name and department.
(Open Ended Question)
- If your response to the question above was 'Other' please
indicate from what source.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you available to teach during the day?
- * Are you available to teach during the evening?
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae (Faculty)
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- Letter of Recommendation 2
- Letter of Recommendation 3