Johns Hopkins, founded in 1876, is America's first research
university and home to nine world-class academic divisions working
together as one university.
The Peabody Preparatory seeks a piano teacher to assist the Piano
Department chair with logistical tasks related to the Piano
Enrichment program. The ideal candidate possesses excellent
teaching, organization, and interpersonal skills with children and
adults and has extensive experience teaching in a group class
· Communicate with Piano Enrichment faculty, studio faculty, and
families regarding student progress.
· Recruit incoming students into Piano Enrichment program.
· Identify areas of potential growth in Piano Enrichment.
· Assist with new faculty searches.
· Identify new faculty as needed to teach in Piano Enrichment
· With the department chair, organize and maintain class
· Identify areas for and foster methods of student retention.
· With the department chair, help to manage Piano Enrichment web
page and class schedule.
· With the department chair, help to identify and invite guest
artists to Peabody for group classes and presentations.
· With the department chair, help to organize and assign program
recitals and end of semester class events.
· Create and maintain spreadsheet, shared with department chair and
Piano Enrichment faculty, to manage progress of students through
the Piano Enrichment program.
· Master’s or doctoral degree in piano performance
· 5 or more years of experience teaching piano in a community music
· Strong experience teaching in a group class setting
· Candidate should have strong administrative experience and be
committed to mentoring new faculty and teaching students of all
ages with a broad range of abilities and backgrounds in group class
· Excellent communication, conflict resolution, and problem-solving
· Possess a high comfort level with technology, including but not
limited to Microsoft Office Suite and web page management
· Cover Letter
· Current CV
· Statement of teaching philosophy
· External candidates should submit a 15-30 minute teaching
Preference will be given to applications received before July
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
The Johns Hopkins University is committed to equal opportunity for
its faculty, staff, and students. To that end, the university does
not discriminate on the basis of sex, gender, marital status,
pregnancy, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age,
disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or other legally protected
characteristic. The university is committed to providing qualified
individuals access to all academic and employment programs,
benefits and activities on the basis of demonstrated ability,
performance and merit without regard to personal factors that are
irrelevant to the program involved.
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a
pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns
Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation
during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the
HR Business Services Office at email@example.com. For TTY
users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
The following additional provisions may apply depending on which
campus you will work. Your recruiter will advise
During the Influenza ("the flu") season, as a condition of
employment, The Johns Hopkins Institutions require all employees
who provide ongoing services to patients or work in patient care or
clinical care areas to have an annual influenza vaccination or
possess an approved medical or religious exception. Failure to meet
this requirement may result in termination of employment.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas,
laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving
community contact requires documentation of immune status against
Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella
(chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the
Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include
documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella
vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory
testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are
ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for
those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization
documentation from their own health care providers. Any
vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost
in our Occupational Health office.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until
EEO is the Law
Important legal information