Coaches, supervises and develops the swim team in accordance with
institutional and departmental objectives within the rules and
regulations of the governing bodies for the club team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Adhere to the policies and guidelines set forth by the
University and the Athletic Department.
- Meet regularly with the Director of Athletics & Club Sports
Coordinator to go over budget, schedules
- Assists with plans, and preparation for practices and scheduled
competitions to provide a positive and competitive experience for
- Establishes team rules and protocols and implements
- Provides team supervision at competitions both on and off
campus. Interprets and implements the rules and regulations of the
team, the department and the university.
- Represents the university and team at all appropriate
competitions and club meetings.
- Must adhere to all Salve Regina University rules and
- In particular, all coaches and athletics personnel are charged
with being knowledgeable of and assuring and monitoring compliance
by all student-athletes, staff and assistant coaches with
applicable governing constitutions, by-laws, rules, policies,
interpretations and regulations of the University. Staff members
shall immediately advise the compliance office if there is a reason
to believe that violations have occurred or will occur and shall
cooperate fully in any investigation.
Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of
- Baccalaureate degree strongly preferred.
- Competitive swimming experience.
- Coaching experience preferred.
- Must possess current CPR/First Aid Certification.
Salve Regina University strives to provide equal opportunity in
employment and education to all employees, students and applicants.
No employee, student or applicant shall be discriminated against or
harassed on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion,
disability, age, marital or parental status, military or veteran
status, genetic information or any other basis protected by
applicable federal or state law, in the administration of Salve
Regina's employment policies, education policies, admission
policies, scholarship and loan programs, athletic and other
University administered programs. In accordance with Title IX, it
does not discriminate on the basis of sex in any of its educational
programs or activities. Salve Regina is also committed to making
its programs and campus accessible to its visitors and compliant
with all applicable non-discrimination laws.
Applicants must apply online for any open staff and faculty
positions by providing a cover-letter and resume. Pre-employment
background checks and reference checks are required of successful
candidates. Salve Regina University participates in E-verify.