Childhood Language Center Manager, Project 500239
Full or Part Time
Part-Time 0-19 Hours (<50% ex. Coaches/Per Diem)
Fair Labor Standard Act Classification
Anticipated Pay Range
$50.00 - $50.00 p/h
Pay Range Information
Chapman University is required to provide a reasonable estimate of
the compensation range for this position. This range takes into
account a variety of factors that are considered in making
compensation decisions, including experience, skills, knowledge,
abilities, education, licensure and certifications, and other
business and organizational needs. Salary offers are determined
based on the final candidate’s qualifications and experience, as
well as internal equity and other internal factors. The anticipated
pay range is not a promise of a particular wage.
Position Summary Information
Job Description Summary
Childhood Language Center is an off-campus site responsible for
hosting Communication Sciences and Disorders students for obtaining
their therapy hours. The manager of the CLC is responsible for
scheduling participants for the Center. The manager is responsible
for keeping track of the center’s supplies. They notify the CSD
administrative assistant when they need to order new supplies. They
keep track of the audiology equipment, along with the assessment
kits that they have on site. They keep track of cleaning protocols.
They also supervise the students for their individual therapy
sessions where they interact with children with language or fluency
Supervisors are responsible for guiding their students with
creating their therapy plan with the participant. In addition,
supervisors are responsible for guiding the students in which
assessments they need to utilize for certain therapy
Supervisors are responsible for providing feedback to students
regarding their therapy sessions that they conduct in person or
through telehealth. The supervisor approves the student hours
through Calipso. They continue to give them feedback and
constructive criticism on the student’s therapy notes.
- Scheduling participants for the Center.
- Keeping track of the center’s supplies.
- Keep track of the audiology equipment, along with the
assessment kits that they have on site
- Keep track of cleaning protocols.
- Supervise the students for their individual therapy sessions
where they interact with children with language or fluency
- Responsible for guiding their students with creating their
therapy plan with the participant.
- Responsible for providing feedback to students regarding their
therapy sessions that they conduct in person or through
- Supervisor approves the student hours through Calipso.
Special Instructions to Applicants
- Licensed speech pathologist
- Capable of conducting assessments on children with possible
language or fluency disorders.
- Three years’ experience as a speech pathologist.
- Master’s degree in speech pathology.
- Certificate of Clinical Competence.
Applicants for Staff and Administrator positions must be currently
authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
Chapman University does not sponsor applicants for Staff and
Administrator positions for work visas.
The offer of employment is contingent upon satisfactory completion
and outcomes of a criminal background screening, Live Scan ,
and returning to the Office of Human Resources a signed original
acceptance of the Chapman University Agreement to Arbitrate.
Minimum Number of References
Maximum Number of References
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Cover Letter
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- Letter of Recommendation 2
- Letter of Recommendation 3
- 3 References Listed on One Page