The Department of Business and Economics is creating a pool of
eligible adjunct faculty for teaching assignments. Expertise in
general marketing, marketing communications, and digital marketing
are of particular interest. Classes will be held in person on our
campus in Newport, Rhode Island.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Adjunct faculty are expected to:
- Prepare and instruct classes assigned by the department
- Prepare, proctor and grade examinations
- Read, comment on, grade and return student assignments,
examinations, reports, etc. in a timely manner
- Provide a course syllabus at the start of the semester to
students and department chair
- Use the Salve learning management system (Canvas) to
disseminate syllabus, course material and grades to students
- Hold weekly office hours as needed
- Use Salve email to send and receive official email
- Work collaboratively with other instructors
- Master's degree in Marketing or related discipline (Ph.D.
preferred), along with professional and/or teaching
- Candidates should have an ability to communicate effectively,
to use technology and learning management systems (e.g. Canvas)
effectively in teaching and learning, and to work collaboratively
with other members of the department.
Salve Regina University strives to provide equal opportunity in
employment and education to all employees, students and applicants.
No employee, student or applicant shall be discriminated against or
harassed on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion,
disability, age, marital or parental status, military or veteran
status, genetic information or any other basis protected by
applicable federal or state law, in the administration of Salve
Regina's employment policies, education policies, admission
policies, scholarship and loan programs, athletic and other
University administered programs. In accordance with Title IX, it
does not discriminate on the basis of sex in any of its educational
programs or activities. Salve Regina is also committed to making
its programs and campus accessible to its visitors and compliant
with all applicable non-discrimination laws.
Applicants must apply online for any open staff and faculty
positions by providing a cover-letter and resume. Pre-employment
background checks and reference checks are required of successful
candidates. Salve Regina University participates in E-verify.