Work Site Location:
Coeur d' Alene Campus
Flexible hours, Mon - Fri, between 10:30 a.m.
- 3:30 p.m.
The purpose of this position is to
maintain and operate a developmentally appropriate classroom in
accordance with the policies and philosophies of the NIC Children's
Center. Classroom assignments vary by age group and may include
infant, toddler or preschool ages.
The purpose of this position is to maintain and operate a
developmentally appropriate classroom in accordance with the
policies and philosophies of the NIC Children's Center. Classroom
assignments vary by age group and may include infant, toddler or
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
includes, but is not limited to the following:
M arginal Duties
- Provides classroom teachers with breaks and planning time.
- Engages children in appropriate play, both inside and
- Facilitates positive meal times by participating in family
- Contributes to daily classroom clean-up.
- Attends all required staff meetings and trainings.
- Promotes awareness and acceptance of individual differences
among children, families, and staff members in the program.
- Maintains a positive, helpful, constructive attitude and work
relationship with supervisor, college staff, students, and the
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
: A high school diploma or GED, and a minimum of six months
Required License and/or Certifications (upon hire)
Must have or obtain an Individual Child Care License from the City
of Coeur d’Alene prior to beginning work. A temporary permit can be
accepted to begin work while licensing is in progress.
To obtain the license, the license applicant must:
• Submit evidence of current infant/child CPR training, and
infant/child first aid training valid through current licensing
• Complete the criminal history background check within three (3)
days of hire, and complete training within ninety (90) days of
• Submit evidence of a negative tuberculosis (TB) test.
• Must complete the Idaho Child Care Program training requirements
within sixty (60) days of hire.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Ability to read, write and speak in English.
• Proficient use of personal computers and peripheral devices
includes printers and scanners.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to create solutions for problems/situations dealing with
• Ability to prioritize, sequence and research work
• Ability to effectively present to small groups.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of
Application materials include; resume, cover letter is
Advertised: June 23, 2023 Pacific Daylight