Earlham College is a Top 100 National Liberal Arts College located
in Richmond, IN, a small city that's just a short drive away from
several major metropolitan areas including Dayton, Cincinnati,
Indianapolis and Chicago.
Richmond and Earlham have a symbiotic relationship. Through
research, studies, internships and volunteering, Earlhamites offer
Richmond expertise and service as Richmond offers our students the
chance to gain valuable, real-world experience. Our community
assumes no religious affiliation but follows Quaker principles and
practices, which include respect for persons, integrity, a
commitment to peace and justice, simplicity, and consensus-based
community decision-making. Earlham is committed to and proud of
being a diverse and inclusive place most clearly visible in our
student body: 20% of our student body are international, coming
from 60+ nations in 2022, and 24% are domestic students of color.
Faculty and staff also bring tremendous diversity to the College;
many have lived and worked outside the United States, and they make
a point of drawing on those experiences in their interactions with
students. Additionally, Earlham makes it a priority to serve as a
safe and welcoming place for LGBTQ+ communities and has a four-star
rating on the Campus Pride Index. Our community is characterized by
respect for every person and a commitment to social justice. Equity
and inclusion are central to Earlham's institutional priorities and
our leadership is committed to widening the path to an Earlham
Earlham College is seeking an Assistant Women’s Lacrosse Coach
to join our team!
Summary: The Assistant Women’s Lacrosse Coach will be responsible
for supporting the efforts of the Women’s Lacrosse program and
working to assist the Head Coach in performing all duties in
compliance with all NCAA, Heartland Collegiate Lacrosse Conference,
and Earlham College rules and regulations.
All department employees are required to demonstrate exemplary
ethical conduct and conformance to NCAA rules and regulations; the
duties of the position are to be performed in compliance with all
NCAA, Conference and College rules and regulations; and any rules
violations on behalf of themselves or any knowledge of violations
within the department are to be reported to the appropriate
parties. Violation of NCAA and other College or Conference
regulations shall be subject to possible disciplinary action.
- Meet annual recruitment goals established by the Director of
Athletics and Head Coach.
- Build relationships with prospective student-athletes.
- Assist the head coach in planning and executing prospective
student-athlete visits to campus and with off campus contacts with
- Assist head coach in generating and responding to prospective
student-athlete contacts generated throughout the year. These
include coaches’ mailings, attendance at tournaments and showcases,
observing team camps, recruiting services, and admissions
- Establish and maintain recruiting data base for recruiting
utilizing the software program designated by the Department of
- Utilize a variety of communication platforms to recruit
prospective student-athletes (e.g., phone calls; texts; social
media; emails; etc.).
- Attend practices and/or games of recruits on a regular
- Assist in summer recruiting efforts by attending showcases and
other recruitment opportunities as designated by the Head
- Serve as video coordinator.
- Assist the head coach in serving as the travel coordinator by
arranging bus and van schedules, airline travel, pre and post-game
meals and overnight accommodations.
- Assist the head coach in monitoring academic progress of
student-athletes and coordinate study tables.
- Be a presence in the office and available to assist player
- Engage and maintain contact with the sports information office
and respond to requests as needed.
Game Day Responsibilities
- Assist head coach with daily practice plan.
- Assist with all practice and game day set up.
- Teach breakdown drills providing individual player attention
and more repetitions per player.
- Assist in planning and oversight of strength and conditioning
sessions and individual work outs in season.
- Assist in designing off season workouts for player
- Assist head coach in game plan and scouting of future
- Assist with game decisions (i.e. timeouts, substitutions,
strategy, addressing individual player concerns) as needed at
- Responsible for all game day and practice video
- Perform post game duties including, but not limited to,
arranging team meal(s), securing statistics; video exchange and
communicating with the sports information office.
- Help distribute, collect and inventory player gear and
- Assist with all program fundraisers and alumni outreach.
- Assist with appropriate program marketing, including social
- Be knowledgeable and able to assume head coaching
responsibilities in case the head coach is unable to perform his or
- Attain van certification through Earlham’s Public Safety Office
to assist with van transportation of student-athletes.
- Be an active member of the athletic department staff by
attending staff meetings and other department scheduled
- Be responsive and timely with all requests from departmental
support staff (administrative leadership; athletic trainer(s);
- Assist in game management duties for other department
- Additional duties as assigned
The review of applications will begin immediately and continue
until the position is filled.
- Bachelors degree
- Previous collegiate playing and/or coaching experience and/or
success as a head coach at the high school level.
- The successful candidate will demonstrate exceptional
leadership and a commitment to, and understanding and appreciation
of, NCAA Division III athletics and wellness in a private liberal
- Current and valid driver’s license required.
- Be a positive example and resource to all Earlham Students
- Please submit the following application materials through our
Earlham Careers Portal
- Cover letter - Please address your thinking and experience with
matters of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, as it relates and
specifically pertains to this position.
- List of Three References with Contact Information
Earlham College is an equal opportunity employer committed to
building a diverse community, one that reflects the makeup of
society at large and that particularly welcomes and supports
individuals from groups that have been historically marginalized
because of factors such as race, ethnicity, sex, gender identity,
gender expression, sexual orientation, socioeconomic class, and
physical ability. The College strongly encourages applications from
women and people of color. As an institution with a Quaker
identity, the College also solicits applications from members of
the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers).
Earlham's Work Authorization Policy
Earlham utilizes E-Verify
to confirm employment eligibility for all
newly hired employees within the United States.