The Head Coach, Track & Field Team will administer and organize
all aspects of a competitive Division III intercollegiate Track
& Field program with a special emphasis on teaching the skills,
strategies, and best practices of the sport as well as the
recruitment and retention of quality student-athletes, management
of assistant coaches and mentoring student-athletes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Teach and mentor the team in skills and strategy
- Teach and coach team in meets, races, and practice
- Recruit talented and qualified student-athletes.
- Work closely with the Director of Athletics to monitor and
promote satisfactory academic progress and academic success.
- Work closely with Admissions to recruit student-athletes.
- Work closely with advancement to fundraise for program.
- Work closely with the Equipment Manager to order appropriate
equipment/uniforms and to facilitate the timely issuance and return
- Work closely with internal support personnel to include
Athletic Trainers, Director of Athletic Communications, Athletics
Administrative staff, Compliance Officer and Game Managers in the
performance of their duties.
- Hire, supervise and evaluate assistant coaching staff.
- Comply with all NCAA, Conference, University and Department
policies, regulations, and guidelines.
- Promote and exhibit the highest level of sportsmanship and
ethical behaviors, at all times.
- Utilize Front Rush software and recruiting programs.
- Attend department meetings, designated events and Admissions
and recruiting events.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of
Incumbent is subject to both inside and outside work; could
encounter extreme weather conditions.
- Bachelor's Degree Required, and 3-5 years coaching experience
is required. The successful candidate will possess highly developed
communication and organizational skills, efficiency in computer
usage and a high degree of self-motivation and dedication to all
aspects of the intercollegiate program.
- Must promote and foster an environment in establishing the
department's strategic direction within Salve's Mercy mission and
values, which also reflects the Division of Student Affairs mission
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
Strong interpersonal skills required. Must have the ability to work
with traditional-aged college student population. Knowledge of
Window-based computer applications is preferred. Candidate must be
committed to a philosophy that emphasizes academic priorities and
good citizenship both on and off the field of play.
- Valid driver's license in good standing.
- Current CPR, AED and First-Aid certifications.
Salve Regina University strives to provide equal opportunity in
employment and education to all employees, students and applicants.
No employee, student or applicant shall be discriminated against or
harassed on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion,
disability, age, marital or parental status, military or veteran
status, genetic information or any other basis protected by
applicable federal or state law, in the administration of Salve
Regina's employment policies, education policies, admission
policies, scholarship and loan programs, athletic and other
University administered programs. In accordance with Title IX, it
does not discriminate on the basis of sex in any of its educational
programs or activities. Salve Regina is also committed to making
its programs and campus accessible to its visitors and compliant
with all applicable non-discrimination laws.
Applicants must apply online for any open staff and faculty
positions by providing a cover-letter and resume. Pre-employment
background checks and reference checks are required of successful
candidates. Salve Regina University participates in E-verify.