Job Posting Title
An electrician installs, manages, and provides upkeep to motors,
generators, transformers, lighting, and other electrical systems at
university facilities. Performs skilled electrical maintenance and
repair for existing facilities, new construction, and emergency
systems. Works to ensure the safety and smooth mechanical operation
of the Fort Hays State University campus.
: This position requires a two-year
college or technical degree and 3 years of experience working with
electrical systems. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds, work
overhead, climb ladders and scaffolding, unassisted. Valid driver’s
- Completion of an approved electrician apprenticeship
- More than 5 years of experience as electrician
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Read and interpret blueprints
- Fire alarm system experience
- Experience in operating heavy equipment
: Applications will be accepted until
the position is filled.
: $21.44 per hour
: Competitive benefit package http://www.fhsu.edu/humanresourceoffice/Prospective-Employees/
- Install, manage, and maintain campus electrical systems and
equipment, including generators, lights, transformers, motors,
appliances, wiring, circuits, and other electrical devices.
- Test electrical equipment to identify and fix
- Examine plans, blueprints, requirements, and work orders in
order to determine repair requirements and the best arrangement of
installation and repair operations
- Maintain and provide upkeep to high voltage systems.
- Complete the construction of new, or upgrade of existing,
- Ensure that alarm and security systems are functioning properly
and conduct repairs when needed.
- Assist with job site and general safety, including general
ground support, staging materials, and general site preparation and
- Ensure that all equipment stays in line with electrical codes,
regulations, and standards.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
To apply for this position, please
Only electronic applications submitted through the webpage will be
Required Application Documents
: Applicants should submit a
resume and names and contact information for three professional
references. Applicant documents should be submitted in one
If you have questions regarding the position, please contact:
Name: Dan Disney
Community of Hays
FHSU is located in Hays, a vibrant college town of approximately
20,000, located halfway between Kansas City and Denver on
Interstate 70. Hays is the regional center for education, health
care, professional services, shopping, culture, and recreation for
the western half of Kansas. The community boasts excellent
recreational programs and facilities, including the comprehensive
Center for Health Improvement, Hays Aquatic Park, Smoky Hill
Country Club, Hays Municipal Golf Course, and extensive walking,
running, and biking trails. Hays is within 45 minutes of two large
lakes that offer great opportunities for boating, fishing, and
camping. The Hays Municipal Airport provides connecting service to
Denver with several flights daily. The Hays community is home to
excellent Pre-K and K-12, public and private schools. With over 60
restaurants, major retail outlets, a low unemployment rate, and
very short commute times, the city provides a safe, welcoming,
low-cost, high-quality living environment for the residents who
call "Hays, America" home.
Notice of Non-discrimination
– Fort Hays State University is
an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the
basis of gender, race, religion, national origin, color, age,
marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability
or veteran status.
Final candidate will have consented to and
successfully completed a criminal background check.
Notice to KPERS retirees applying for a position:
legislation changes working-after-retirement rules for both you and
your employer if you go back to work for a KPERS employer. Please
contact your KPERS representative or www.kpers.org
further information on how this might affect you.