Adjunct Faculty – Film/Media
The Community College of Rhode Island is the state’s only public
comprehensive associate degree-granting institution. We provide
affordable open access to higher education at locations throughout
the state. Our primary mission is to offer recent high school
graduates and returning adults the opportunity to acquire the
knowledge and skills necessary for intellectual, professional and
personal growth through an array of academic, career and lifelong
At CCRI, we are committed to building an inclusive and diverse
campus community. We strive to hire and retain culturally competent
faculty and staff members who reflect the demographics of our state
and our increasingly diverse student population.
We believe that our diversity is our strength. We celebrate,
support and thrive on the diverse experiences, backgrounds, and
perspectives that are represented across our four campuses.
We are OneCCRI, working together to prepare learners to achieve
their highest potential.
To learn about what employees value at CCRI and what it means to
work here, please read about our Guiding Principles and watch
videos of our employees doing what they do best:
To teach image and sound production courses.
Duties and Responsibilities
Teach video and audio production, motion graphics and animation,
editing, studio production, and documentary production.
• MFA or PhD in film/video, media production, media arts, media, or
any combination thereof is required.
• Three years teaching video/film production at the college-level
required, community college preferred.
• Excellent record of college-level teaching appropriate to rank
• Strong record of creative practice and exhibition.
• Experience using professional digital cameras, audio recorders,
camera supports, lighting, microphones, and switchers.
• Experience with professional non-linear editing software for
video and audio, such as Premiere, Media Composer, Pro Tools, After
• Ability to use technology to enhance instruction, to submit
grades, and to use email effectively.
• Strong communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills,
and a collaborative approach to working with students and
• Ability to contribute to a dynamic teaching/learning environment
requiring adaptability, creativity, and teamwork.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Ability to employ best online teaching practices within a
Learning Management System, such as Blackboard.
• Demonstrated commitment to professional excellence and continuous
growth within subject field or discipline.
Shift, Days, and Additional Work Schedule Information
Day and/or evening classes; various days of the week
$85 per contact hour of teaching
Additional Salary Information
Licenses, Tools and Equipment
Desired Start Date
2021, Fall Semester
Position End Date (if temporary or grant)
Posting Detail Information
Number of Vacancies
Application Open Date
Application Close Date (includes the grace period)
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
Some roles will require finalists to provide official college
All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably
accommodate individuals with disabilities.
CCRI is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. CCRI
prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, creed,
national or ethnic origin, gender, religion, disability, age,
sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or
expression, marital, citizenship status and veteran status in all
employment matters. CCRI espouses that all employees and applicants
have a right to equal opportunity in all terms, conditions, and
privileges of employment.
Sexual harassment is a form of gender-based discrimination
prohibited by Title IX.
The Jeanne Clery Act requires institutions of higher education to
disclose campus policy statements and crime statistics. Reports can
be made available upon request.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you possess a MFA or Ph.D. in film/video, media
production, media arts, media, or any combination thereof?
- * In order to improve CCRI's advertising strategy, please let
us know where you FIRST learned of this job opportunity. Please be
specific when using website or publication names (example:
LinkedIN, HigherEdjobs, Chronicle, personal referral, etc.).
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application