Administrative Support Worker, General
The Community College of Rhode Island is the state’s only public
comprehensive associate degree-granting institution. We provide
affordable open access to higher education at locations throughout
the state. Our primary mission is to offer recent high school
graduates and returning adults the opportunity to acquire the
knowledge and skills necessary for intellectual, professional and
personal growth through an array of academic, career and lifelong
At CCRI, we are committed to building an inclusive and diverse
campus community. We strive to hire and retain culturally competent
faculty and staff members who reflect the demographics of our state
and our increasingly diverse student population.
We believe that our diversity is our strength. We celebrate,
support and thrive on the diverse experiences, backgrounds, and
perspectives that are represented across our four campuses.
We are OneCCRI, working together to prepare learners to achieve
their highest potential.
To learn about what employees value at CCRI and what it means to
work here, please read about our Guiding Principles and watch
videos of our employees doing what they do best:
To provide a full range of clerical support as needed in any one
Duties and Responsibilities
As required by assigned supervisor, perform a full range of office
duties that may include the following:
- Compose routine correspondence
- Order books and supplies, prepare requisitions
- Type, prepare and proofread documents including MS Word Docs and
- Enter data into computer systems using institutional data
standards and download reports
- File records and correspondence. Maintain information so that it
can be retrieved efficiently
- Scan images and store documents
- Update records and files
- Compile reports
- Distribute mail and forward email
- Prepare mass mailings and e-mailings
- Schedule and coordinate meetings and appointments
- Make travel arrangements
- Perform searches and obtain information from the internet, update
and recommend enhancements for area web pages
- Serve as first point of contact for customers, screen telephone
and personal callers, respond to voice mail and email
- Assist in arranging support services such as tutoring and
- Attend periodic trainings and meetings as necessary
- Develop and maintain a broad knowledge of campus programs,
policies and procedures in order to serve as an effective
- Perform related work as required.
- High School diploma or equivalency required, supplemented with
courses in Office Technology or similar.
- At least one year of office experience required, preferably in
- A working knowledge of general office practices is
- Excellent typing, data entry and word processing skills are
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills together with a
strong teamwork commitment are required.
- The ability to establish and maintain effective working
relationships with faculty, staff, students and/or the public is
- Must be able to pay conscientious attention to detail and handle
- Demonstrated technical proficiency with MS Word, (including Mail
Merge), Excel and the internet is required.
- Demonstrated technical proficiency with PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Demonstrated technical proficiency with publishing software is
- Demonstrated technical proficiency with Banner and Discover is
- Knowledge of FERPA (Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act) is
- Those with bilingual abilities are encouraged to apply.
Dean, Director or Department Chair
Shift, Days, and Additional Work Schedule Information
Additional Salary Information
Licenses, Tools and Equipment
Various office equipment which may include computers, typewriters,
telephones, copy machines, calculators, fax machines, etc.
Must have access to and use of own transportation.
This position is not substantially exposed to environmental
Desired Start Date
Position End Date (if temporary or grant)
Posting Detail Information
Number of Vacancies
Application Open Date
Application Close Date (includes the grace period)
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
Some roles will require finalists to provide official college
All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably
accommodate individuals with disabilities.
CCRI is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. CCRI
prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, creed,
national or ethnic origin, gender, religion, disability, age,
sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or
expression, marital, citizenship status and veteran status in all
employment matters. CCRI espouses that all employees and applicants
have a right to equal opportunity in all terms, conditions, and
privileges of employment.
Sexual harassment is a form of gender-based discrimination
prohibited by Title IX.
The Jeanne Clery Act requires institutions of higher education to
disclose campus policy statements and crime statistics. Reports can
be made available upon request.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Required Documents Optional Documents
- * Do you have a high school diploma or equivalency?
- * Do you have at least one year of office experience?
- * Do you have one year or more of office experience in a higher
- * Do you have a working knowledge of general office practices?
- * Are you proficient with Banner, Discoverer and/or Argos? If
so, please list which software programs.
(Open Ended Question)
- * To improve CCRI’s advertising strategy, please let us know
where you FIRST learned of this job opportunity? Please be specific
when using web site or publication names (example: LinkedIn,
HigherEdjobs, Chronicle, personal referral, etc.). Thank you.
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Other Document