Adjunct Faculty, Nursing (for ADN or PN Program)
Nursing Department - ADN
The Community College of Rhode Island is the state’s only public
comprehensive associate degree-granting institution. We provide
affordable open access to higher education at locations throughout
the state. Our primary mission is to offer recent high school
graduates and returning adults the opportunity to acquire the
knowledge and skills necessary for intellectual, professional and
personal growth through an array of academic, career and lifelong
At CCRI, we are committed to building an inclusive and diverse
campus community. We strive to hire and retain culturally competent
faculty and staff members who reflect the demographics of our state
and our increasingly diverse student population.
We believe that our diversity is our strength. We celebrate,
support and thrive on the diverse experiences, backgrounds, and
perspectives that are represented across our four campuses.
We are OneCCRI, working together to prepare learners to achieve
their highest potential.
To learn about what employees value at CCRI and what it means to
work here, please read about our Guiding Principles and watch
videos of our employees doing what they do best:
The adjunct faculty will have clinical responsibilities consistent
with the mission and philosophy of the Nursing Department and
Community College of Rhode Island. This individual will demonstrate
competence in clinical teaching in areas of nursing fundamentals
and medical-surgical nursing.
Duties and Responsibilities
Commitment to CCRI’s Mission
• Demonstrate a commitment to the philosophy and mission of a
comprehensive community college.
• Work collaboratively with others in a diverse and inclusive
• Work collaboratively in a diverse, inclusive and student-centered
environment, with students of various learning styles, cultures,
identities, and life-experiences.
• Demonstrate commitment to providing academic support to all
• Ensure student awareness of available resources that support
learning and success within the institution.
• Facilitate engagement and academic success by incorporating
student advising, counseling and remediation as needed.
Instructional and Communication Skills
• Facilitate learning in the classroom, laboratory, simulation and
• Contribute to a dynamic teaching/learning environment requiring
adaptability, creativity, and teamwork.
• Use innovative instructional strategies that support student
success and recognize diverse learning styles.
• Use technology to enhance instruction and communicate effectively
with the campus community.
• Apply strong communication, organizational, and interpersonal
skills, and a collaborative approach to working with students and
• Participate in department activities, including course, committee
and faculty meetings to ensure coordination of didactic instruction
and clinical experience.
• Participate in assuring compliance with accreditation
• Other duties as required.
• Master’s Degree in Nursing, required
• Unencumbered active license (or eligible for licensure) as a
Registered Nurse in the State of RI, required
• The equivalent of five years’ full-time experience in the nursing
field with emphasis on medical-surgical nursing, required;
long-term care experience preferred
• Current nursing experience within the past 5 years,
• Current CPR for healthcare providers AHA certification,
Department Chair, Nursing
Initially located at the Warwick Campus
Shift, Days, and Additional Work Schedule Information
One clinical day per week, day or evening shift; schedule varies
based upon clinical group
Additional Salary Information
Licenses, Tools and Equipment
Desired Start Date
Position End Date (if temporary or grant)
Posting Detail Information
Number of Vacancies
Application Open Date
Application Close Date (includes the grace period)
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
Some roles will require finalists to provide official college
All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably
accommodate individuals with disabilities.
CCRI is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. CCRI
prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, creed,
national or ethnic origin, gender, religion, disability, age,
sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or
expression, marital, citizenship status and veteran status in all
employment matters. CCRI espouses that all employees and applicants
have a right to equal opportunity in all terms, conditions, and
privileges of employment.
Sexual harassment is a form of gender-based discrimination
prohibited by Title IX.
The Jeanne Clery Act requires institutions of higher education to
disclose campus policy statements and crime statistics. Reports can
be made available upon request.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Do you have a Master's Degree in Nursing?
- Do you possess an unencumbered active license (or eligible for
licensure) as a Registered Nurse in the State of RI?
- Do you have the equivalent of five years’ full-time experience
in the nursing field with an emphasis on medical-surgical nursing?
- Do you have current nursing experience within the past 5 years?
- Do you have a current CPR for healthcare providers AHA
- * In order to improve CCRI's advertising strategy, please let
us know where you FIRST learned of this job opportunity. Please be
specific when using website or publication names (example:
LinkedIN, HigherEdjobs, Chronicle, personal referral, etc.).
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application