Assistant Director Student Financial Services
Reporting to the Executive Director-Student Financial Services, the
Assistant Director - Student Financial Services
second in charge of a college’s Financial Aid Office, responsible
for providing oversight and coordination of day-to-day operations
and staff work activities, ensuring the effective administration of
federal and state financial aid programs.
The Assistant Director- Student Financial Services
the development of initiatives for the effective delivery of a
college’s financial aid programs and services from all sources that
align with the College's strategic enrollment management plan.
Serve as proxy for Financial Aid Office in the absence of the
Executive Director. Performs related duties as required.
- Works with the Exec Dir of Student Financial Services in the
development of initiatives for the efficient delivery of financial
aid from all sources that align with the College's strategic
enrollment management plan. Serve as proxy for Financial Aid Office
in Exec Dir absence.
- Oversees the daily office activities and monitors work progress
and productivity of staff. Plans and coordinates staff schedules in
order to assure sufficient coverage for hours of operation. Fully
responsible for the service excellence provided to our students,
their families and the community.
- Monitors and reviews the work of financial aid staff, ensuring
the timely and efficient processing of students’ financial aid
packages and related financial aid services.
- Participates in the hiring, training, development, and
performance monitoring of staff.
- Establishes and implements financial aid guidelines, policies,
and procedures, and develops long-range plans that conform to the
demands of regulatory agencies and the needs of the college.
- Oversees special financial aid programs such as Veteran’s
Affairs, Federal Work Study, college orientations, college tours,
CPS college visits, FAFSA workshops, Satisfactory Academic Progress
and other scholarship programs.
- Identifies, investigates, analyzes and resolves student and
parent situations. Interviews student/ parent applying for
financial aid with more complex circumstances. Evaluates the
student's eligibility and executes judgment concerning financial
- Provides training on financial aid rules and regulations for
other College staff responsible for outreach activities. Develops
and organizes materials for training in mandatory Federal and State
guidelines and regulations.
- Coordinates the Office of Financial Aid’s customer service and
public relations campaign. Provides training for staff in customer
- Prepares narrative and statistical reports to ensure compliance
with federal and state funding sources. Generates financial aid
reports for staff to use in the processing of student financial aid
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in
Business, Finance, Higher Education Administration, or a related
- Five years of progressively responsible experience in
administering and providing financial aid, scholarships, or related
financial aid services within an institution of higher
- Knowledge of state and federal financial aid programs, military
and veteran educational benefits, and other resources available to
students for fund their education.
- Knowledge and experience in utilizing financial literacy
programs and services to empower students and the community in
managing finances and funding their education goals.
- Knowledge of state and federal compliance requirements relating
to financial aid programs
Chicago residency is required for all full-time employees within
6 months of hire.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action
Thank you for your interest.
- Demonstrated knowledge of software used to process financial
aid and veteran benefits, including Common Origination and
Disbursement (COD), National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS),
Student Aid Internet Gateway (SAIG), VA Once, Go Army Portal, FAA
Access to Chicago Public Schools Online, and the E-App.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication
- Strong administrative and organizational skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to work with and relate to a culturally diverse student
body, faculty, and staff
- Ability wot work effectively with different levels of staff
within the organization
- Must be able to handle all situations with tact,
persuasiveness, and diplomacy
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel,