Serve as the Executive Assistant to the Vice President for Graduate
Enrollment and Professional Studies. The individual fulfilling this
role must have the capacity to handle numerous situations and
personalities in a professional and extremely courteous manner.
Additionally, the individual fulfilling this role must be highly
organized, able to provide information management support and
positively represent the Vice President for Graduate Enrollment and
- Needs excellent computer, telephone, organizational, and
- Augments executive’s time by initiating administrative work,
drafting letters and documents, collecting, and analyzing
information, arranging telecommunications, and providing ad hoc
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to consistently follow
through with people and projects.
- Must be a good listener and speaker to apprise the Vice
President of directives and issues brought to the Executive
Assistant’s attention and know whom to contact to resolve
- Screens telephone calls and incoming mail, schedule
appointments, maintain daily/yearly calendar, make travel
arrangements, coordinate department meetings, establish and
- Responds to routine and non-routine inquiries; proof and make
change recommendations on printed and digital documents.
- Provide outreach support to prospective students and business
partners in a timely and professional manner as the need
- Acts as a central resource for administrative needs within the
Graduate and Professional Studies department that would include
procuring office supplies as needed, managing electronic approval
process, handling accounts payable, submitting credit card
statements and coordinating onboarding of new departmental
- Welcomes guests, students, and business partners by greeting
them, in person or on the telephone, answering or directing
- Collects and prepares information as needed.
- Additional duties and assignments as needed.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and use of computers, tablets,
- Competently work with database management programs and
electronic filing systems.
- Possess experience in all clerical aspects including time
management, writing, scheduling, and office management.
- Work evening and weekend hours as necessary.
- Be on campus. This is not a remote work environment role given
the level of engagement with students, colleagues, and business
- Coordinate, research, and secure travel.
- Understand and support “The Northwood Idea” and Northwood
- Maintain student and business partner confidence and protect
operations by keeping information confidential.
- Be available during normal office hours to act as a consistent
resource for external and internal audiences
- Listen and professionally react to various internal and
- Relieve the Vice President of clerical work and minor
administrative and business details.
- Monitor staff budgets to maintain balance of finances.
- Communicate to all staff and officer groups regularly and
Northwood University has an institutional philosophy which
emphasizes free enterprise in a context of limited government and
individual responsibility. The ideal candidate will have a strong
attraction to the mission and core values of Northwood University.
Applicants are encouraged to familiarize themselves with the
University’s outcomes at www.northwood.edu/aboutus/