Adjunct (Faculty) All Disciplines
LENGTH OF APPOINTMENT:
Pay scale varies dependent upon level of
Dean, Associate Dean, Department Chairs,
Maintain continued competence in assigned and related areas.
Maintain a good working relationship with students, faculty, staff,
and members of the community. Assist in the college's recruitment
and retention efforts. Assist with college governance by serving
periodically on college committees. Observe college
rules/regulations and state guidelines appropriate to faculty
responsibilities. Teaches wherever and whenever assigned as
determined by instructional needs including branch centers and dual
enrollment courses in district high schools. Responsible for
demonstrating LSSC’s values of Caring, Communicating, Collaborating
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Observe all college rules and regulations, State guidelines and
professional mandates appropriate to teaching faculty.
- Maintain effective working relationships with faculty, staff,
students, and community.
- Assist with curriculum review and development whenever
- Ensure a clean and safe workspace.
- Attend all meetings and training sessions as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications & Education
- Ability to demonstrate the four College Service Excellence
Standards of Caring, Communication, collaboration and Celebration
when interacting with students, employees, visitors, and community
- Plans and carries out instructional duties, which maximize
learning by students.
- Supervises students in accordance with program procedures,
academic, and course related concerns.
- Teaches assigned courses in accordance with course
- Assists with registration and/or recruitment when
- Furnishes each student with a course syllabus listing
performance objective, course expectations, grading procedures,
withdrawal procedures, class attendance policies, and office phone
and e-mail access.
- Functions as a member of faculty committees in developing the
instructional program and educational philosophy of the
- Attend all scheduled or called meetings by the President or
Vice President of Academic & Student Affairs, Deans, and
Department Chairs unless excused by the administrator in
- Teaches all classes for the full period as scheduled.
- Evaluates student progress and achievement with clear methods
presented on course syllabus.
- Utilizes evaluation results for planning, instruction,
counseling, and program modification.
- Keep accurate and up-to-date records.
- Submits grade reports and other required data on or before
- Resolves discipline problems within sphere of
- Assists and counsel’s students as needed including during
office and campus times.
- Utilizes materials and equipment necessary to accomplish
- Demonstrates knowledge of current instructional
- Regularly examines content of assigned courses and recommends
changes to curriculum committee as needed.
- Complies with appropriate administrative rules/regulations and
- Participates in an annual evaluation process as specified by
the Vice President of Academic & Student Affairs.
- Attends the May graduation exercises.
- Participates in Business and Technical Advisory Committee
activities as needed.
- Maintains continuity of communication with students, community,
faculty, staff, and supervisors through timely replies to meeting,
phone, mail, and email requests.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Master's Degree with 18 graduate semester hours in teaching