Major Giving Officer - 502420
The Major Giving Officer is responsible for soliciting and
securing five, six and seven figure gift commitments to advance the
strategic priorities of the University of Richmond. The Major
Giving Officer will be responsible for managing a regional
portfolio of rated prospects who have the inclination and/or
capacity to make a major gift. This will include establishing and
achieving annual performance metrics on an individual and team
- Manage a portfolio of assigned major giving prospects. Through
personal and virtual engagement (minimum of 11-14 meetings per
month), identify, qualify, cultivate, solicit, close, and steward
university prospects for major and potential principal level gifts.
Partner with Gift Planning to grow Charter Associate
- Formulate and implement strategies for short-and long-term
giving outcomes, devising performance metrics, and collaborating
with regional major and leadership giving officers as well as the
Director of Parent Giving.
- Ensure compliance with prospect management guidelines for data
entry and metric tracking.
- Attend regularly scheduled University, Advancement,
Development, and individual meetings.
- Demonstrated record of soliciting and closing five and
six-figure philanthropic gifts.
- Ability to exercise good judgment, demonstrate an understanding
of the ethical principles associated with working in development,
and to use discretion in interactions with members of the
University of Richmond community.
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills, along with the
ability to work with diverse internal and external
- Proven ability to work effectively in a collaborative, team
environment with a high degree of collegiality; honesty and
transparency are two other important abilities.
- Strong written, communication, organizational, and analytical
skills as well as a sense of humor.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree required
- Minimum of four to six years of experience in fundraising or
equivalent years of experience with a proven track record of
- Higher education fundraising preferred.
- Full-time, exempt position
- Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.; 7.75 hrs./day; 38.75
- Seasonal, evening, and weekend work will be periodically
required throughout the year (e.g. Charter Associate events,
Homecoming Reunion, etc.)
- Frequent travel is expected
SALARY STRUCTURE: Pay Grade 9 (Hiring Range: $85,000.00 -
At the University of Richmond, we're creative, inclusive, and
determined. We're Spiders, and our mission is to create positive
change in the UR community and beyond. Located minutes from
downtown Richmond, Virginia, the University of Richmond (www.richmond.edu) blends the intimacy
of a small college with exceptional academic, research, and
cultural opportunities usually found only at large institutions.
There's only one place like Richmond.
UR is committed to developing a diverse faculty, staff and
student body, and to modeling an inclusive campus community which
values the expression of differences in ways that promote
excellence in teaching, learning, personal development and
institutional success. In keeping with this commitment, our
academic community welcomes candidates from diverse backgrounds and
candidates who support diversity. EOE