This is an exciting time at Lake-Sumter State College! Under the
leadership of President Heather Bigard, we are embarking on a bold
journey to transform the ways in which we connect and educate our
students while embracing our rich history of high-quality education
and personalized student support services. We currently serve over
6,500 students each year and plan to grow to over 10,000 in the
next several years.
As a Lakehawk, you’ll have the opportunity to connect and
collaborate with incredible faculty and staff who are focused on
making a real difference in the lives of students in our community.
Together, we will continue to create a significant impact to meet
the needs of today’s students and prepare for future
We invite you to join us in our commitment to student
As the leader for the Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education
program, the Executive Director is responsible for the overall
success of the academic program, including supervising faculty and
the development (at the turnkey level), implementation, and ongoing
evaluation of curriculum. The Executive Director will actively
build and foster supportive working relationships across the
College and in the community to advance the goals of the program,
including expanding enrollment, aligning curriculum with industry
trends, and ensuring all courses meet expected standards. In
addition, the Executive Director will support students in the
program by serving as a mentor.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
• Work collaboratively with faculty to ensure academic quality
while focusing on student retention and completion.
• Teaching duties up to 9 credits per semester.
• Student recruitment and program promotion at appropriate
• Coordinate industry experiences with appropriate partners.
• Collaborate with faculty and community partners on program
development, curriculum development (at the turnkey level), and
• Collaborate with faculty and other administrators in development
of an efficient class schedule that meets student needs.
• Ensure that student learning outcomes assessment plans are being
followed with a focus on continuous improvement.
• Responsible for meaningful program and service review of assigned
areas focusing on continuous improvement.
• Work with leaders of assigned areas on annual budget construction
• Supervise recruitment and evaluation of all personnel in assigned
• Collaborate on faculty and staff development initiatives.
• Serve on College committees as assigned.
• Other duties as assigned.
Master’s degree in Education or related field from a regionally
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required
1. A personal and professional commitment to elementary education
2. Must possess basic computer literacy and be able to provide
instruction using computer software programs.
3. Must possess experience in teaching critical thinking, problem
solving, and innovative hands-on/practicum activities.
4. Ability to evaluate faculty, staff, and students.
5. Understanding of and commitment to working with a diverse
6. English reading, writing, and speaking silks at the native level
• Promote a common purpose consistent with stated College goals and
demonstrate a commitment to students and the learning
• Possess the knowledge of general written standards and procedures
utilized, and have the ability to read, interpret, and follow
procedural and policy manual related to the job tasks.
• Demonstrate the ability to respond to supervision, guidance, and
direction in a positive, receptive manner and in accordance with
• Provide quality customer service by creating a welcoming and
• Present a professional image in word, action, and attire.
• Demonstrate professionalism in dealing with a diverse population
while understanding and respecting each other’s view of the world,
personalities and working styles.
• Conduct oneself in a manner consistent with the College’s
standards of ethical conduct.
• Apply effective techniques to create working relationships with
others to achieve common goals; successfully communicates and
collaborates with others to achieve goals.
• Demonstrate skills necessary to look at situations and processes
critically to make recommendations for improvement.
• Strong service orientation, and ability to effectively work as
member, or leader, of a team by cooperating with others, offering
to help others when needed and considering larger organizational
goals rather than individual concerns. Includes the ability to
build &/or support a constructive team spirit where members are
committed to the goals and objectives of the organization.
• Plan, organize and successfully multitask to meet multiple
deadlines and frequently new work tasks within required timeframes.
Proven flexibility to successfully work on diversified projects at
a fast and accurate pace.
• Effectively manage change and adaptability
• Adheres to all workplace safety rules, safety laws, regulations,
standards and practices.
• Ability to work various hours including nights, early morning,
• Ability to travel amongst various campuses and attend College
events, on or off campus, as required.