STUDENT ACADEMIC PLANNING, ADVISING AND RETENTION
- Review student’s academic progress to determine the best circumstance for them to repeat a failed course or raise their GPA above program requirements.
- Prepare and administer paperwork to allow students to repeat law courses to stay on track in completing the program.
- Conduct an at-risk assessment to identify potential students for “stopping out” and coordinate a retention plan to identify tools and resources available to encourage program completion.
KEY COMMUNICATION AND ANALYTIC REPORTING
- Maintain a record of graduate student academic performance by preparing a probation report and communicating with students regarding their probation status.
- Working closely with registrar on auditing graduation for law graduate students and reviewing reports to ensure GPA requirements are met approaching final semesters before graduation. Consult with Assistant Dean on any discrepancies identified.
- Communicate with professors on their students’ academic performance and highlighting those that are struggling and need assistance in completing or dropping the course.
- Update and provide an account of student issues and concerns based on academic progress/declining student academic performance to the Assistant Dean of Online and Graduate Programs.
- Track updates on financial aid, withdrawal schedules, and payment options and communicate these to students.
- With Assistant Dean and Associate Dean for Administration, develop, facilitate, and maintain student records management system.
- Manage department administrative staff, including one or more student or temporary employees, with respect to student services, event planning, and student retention.
- Supervise distribution of Westlaw and Lexis representatives to obtain instructions and IDs for online students.
- Supervise the development and confirmation of payroll each term. Serve as liaison to Assistant Dean with respect to budgetary needs for online faculty hiring. Manage distribution of adjunct faculty contracts and supplemental salary payments.
- Develop and manage specific tools to identify students eligible for final thesis and create projections for sections and instructors needed.
- Develop strategies for identifying subject matter expert faculty for each thesis course section, communicate with thesis faculty and assign faculty.
ONLINE GRADUATE STUDENT ENGAGEMENT MANAGEMENT
- Lead Education Immersion yearly planning with online program faculty and staff, including scheduling weekends, identifying goals and objectives, and assigning faculty content sponsors. With input from faculty and staff, develop event agenda
- Create event communications and invitations, and track attendance. Coordinate all logistical details, including space, set up, catering, entertainment, lodging and transportation, and printed materials.
- Supervise staff in support roles during events Student Support Responsibilities
- With Assistant Dean, create and offer multiple engagement sessions to introduce graduate and certificate law program online students to support services.
- Host curriculum advising sessions in advance of term registration period and provide regular curriculum advising office hours.
- Develop and lead alumni events, including annual alumni networking events.
- Assist with program conferences and symposia, including publicizing events to the Loyola community.
- Serve as initial point of contact for graduate program and certificate students enrolled in the law program, including new students, students returning from leaves of absence, and program alumni.
- Accept hand-off from GPEM and enrollment team for all graduate law students admitted into the program when they begin their first term and serve as student advisor for all health law students.
- Attend program recruiting events, including annual conferences, to represent the programs.
REGISTRAR RELATED RESPONISBILITIES
- With Law School Registrar, develop and maintain online course schedules, update course offerings, and monitor course enrollments.
- Liaise with Law School Registrar and University Registrar to process student grade change requests and monitors and submits all missing or delayed grades.
- Manage all online graduate and certificate law courses and faculty in LOCUS. Manage conferral of diplomas and certificates for online graduate law and privacy certificate students.
- Oversee commencement program book updates and changes and communicate with law school registrar regarding commencement.
Performs other duties as assigned.