Associate Vice President of Facilities (Reg FT)
Associate Vice President of
Facilities (Reg FT)
: Office of College Services
This position is open
until filled. Salary is commensurate with experience.
CCAC offers an exceptional benefits package.
Highlights include an excellent health plan with very low
out-of-pocket expense network option, generous time off and holiday
pay, a 403b retirement plan with up to 10% employer match or other
options through the State's retirement defined benefit pension
system, free employee parking, public service (student) loan
forgiveness eligible employer, and employer paid benefits including
group life insurance, short-term and long-term disability
insurance, and flexible spending accounts.
Job Open Date:
Job Close Date:
This position reports to the Vice
President for Facilities Management and assists with providing
leadership and coordination of assigned activities with college
campuses, centers, departments, and outside agencies. The position
assists with the planning, direction, and oversight of operational
and budgetary activities of the Facilities Management Department,
and assists with leading and overseeing college-wide security and
safety operations. Supports the Vice President for Facilities
Management in providing highly responsible and complex
administrative services to advance the mission of the institution
and to foster collaboration with campus leaders and facilities
Bachelor's degree required in engineering, architecture or a
related degree in the construction/facilities industry from an
accredited college or university.
Planning, construction, and project management (new projects and
Determining scope of work, estimating costs and direction of
architects, engineers and other consultants
Expert knowledge of facility management and/or auxiliary services
principles and practices
Practical experience with accounting and finance rules and
regulations as mandated by federal and state agencies
Hands-on experience with:
Mechanical, electrical and HVAC systems (operations and
Housekeeping, maintenance and grounds management
Energy, utility and sustainability/environmental system and
Environmental Health & Safety
Integrated Pest Management
Property, space management and lease negotiations
Construction, renovations and alterations
Budgeting, funding, grants
Selecting, operating and training others in the use of software
and/or other administrative tools associated with the above
Demonstrated ability to interact with public agencies, code review
and approval authorities
Ability to develop job-specific policies, procedures and operating
Effective interpersonal, verbal, and written communication
1. Assists with planning, directing and oversight of college-wide
work plans to include all construction projects and facilities
services operations. Works collaboratively with campus facilities
leaders to assess and complete work activities.
2. Plans, executes, and monitors work flow and work products,
results, methods, and procedures.
3. Participates and supervises as necessary the development and
administration of facilities services and construction project
budgets. Monitors and approves expenditures as necessary.
4. Develops, plans, and participates in the implementation of
college-wide goals; initiates and recommends actions to accomplish
5. Participates in strategic planning and goals setting
6. Coordinates college-wide activities with the campuses, centers,
departments, and outside agencies. Serves as the primary
representative for the college with State agencies.
7. Prepares and presents reports and correspondence.
8. Develops RFPs, bids, contracts, and proposals for construction
and facilities related services.
9. Reviews projects and contracts for compliance and takes
appropriate actions to resolve discrepancies. This requires
frequent site visits to all of CCAC's locations, organizing and
meeting with third party contractors, approving or denying change
orders, and negotiating costs.
10. Analyzes problems and trouble shoots to identify alternative
solutions; implements recommendations to accomplish desired
11. Maintains the college's master plan and Allegheny Campus's
institutional master plan.
12. Meets with external officials including neighborhood
associations, county health department, municipal boards, and
historical society for project planning, project reviews,
compliance, easements, and permitting.
13. Works collaboratively with departments (IT, Academics,
security) to initiate, plan, execute, monitor and close
14. Supports college wide sustainability goals and projects.
15. Maintains over sight of the college project manager.
16. Collaborates with the campus physical plants to ensure college
elevators are in compliance and track current certifications.
17. Builds relationships with contractors, vendors, and
professional service providers.
18. Communicates with college and external stakeholders.
19. Responds accordingly to tenant requests.
20. Assumes leadership in the absence of VP of Facilities.
21. Performs other duties as assigned or as required.
1. Provides first response to and reporting of all college
emergencies. Coordinates with campus leaders and Directors of
Safety & Security on the implementation of action plans in
response to emergencies.
2. Assists in the supervision of planning and implementation of
college-wide emergency exercises.
3. Coordinates compliance with applicable codes regarding college
safety issues and the implementation of training programs to
address the compliance.
4. Assists in ensuring college-wide compliance with applicable
environmental health & safety standards.
5. Acts as the college-wide Integrated Pest Management Coordinator
ensuring the health & safety of all facility occupants.
6. Collaborates with all campuses and the college Director of Risk
Management to ensure all safety documents are up-to-date and
meetings are scheduled and reported per college policy.
7. Acts as a member of the college's Clery Compliance Committee to
ensure proper documentation and reporting.
8. Assists in ensuring all college life safety systems are
inspected and maintained per industry standards.
9. Assists in ensuring all college surveillance systems, access
control systems and software programs are installed and maintained
per industry standards.
10. Performs other duties as assigned or as required.
Current criminal record/child abuse
clearances will be required if offered the position and in order to
be employed at the College. The three clearances are Pennsylvania
Child Abuse History Clearance, Pennsylvania State Police Criminal
Records Check, and Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) Criminal
Background Check. The College has provided instructions on how to
obtain these clearances and are available here.
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to: