Postdoctoral Research Scholar 0-5 yrs Experience
$5,373.33 - $5,677.42
The Wireless Information Laboratory (WiiLAB) labs conducts research
on wireless communications, signal processing, and artificial
intelligence. The research is funded by extramural grants from
government funding agencies, administered through the SDSU Research
The postdoctoral research scholar position will support a funded
research grant project from the Army Research Office (ARO). The
project involves designing and analyzing signal processing
algorithms and machine learning techniques for high-mobility
The appointment is for one year and renewable subject to the
The Postdoctoral Research Scholar is responsible for but not
Position Specific Responsibilities
Other Duties as Assigned 5%
- Assist PI in funded research grant project on development of
algorithms and simulation platforms for adaptive signal processing
in high-mobility wireless communications, prepare and submit
conference and journal papers, collaborate with team members on
ongoing research projects, mentor graduate and undergraduate
students in the lab, document and catalog data and codes resulting
from research tasks, prepare presentations to disseminate results
- Assisting in data collection, management, analysis, and
- Conducting highly specialized and advanced experiments.
- Designing research protocols.
- Summarizing research findings.
- Mentoring undergraduate/graduate students.
- Preparing manuscripts, attending conferences, and presenting at
- Work may be performed in the field or in a laboratory
Knowledge and Abilities
- Participate in profession development activities, including but
not limited to grant writing, teaching, diversity equity and
- Give talks and seminars about research and topics related to
research to the funded agency, students, local industry.
- Strong background and expertise in wireless communications
(especially MIMO communications), signal processing, machine
learning, and statistical learning methods.
- Proficiency in programming in MATLAB and Python languages.
- Experience and proficiency in authoring technical papers,
reports, and presentations.
Preferred Qualifications and Special Skills
- A doctoral degree in an appropriate field.
- 0-5 years of relevant experience.
Additional Applicant Information
- PhD in Electrical and Computer Engineering, Computer Science,
Mathematics, or related field.
- Expertise in wireless communications, signal processing, and
- Proficiency with statistical signal processing and machine
SDSU Research Foundation offers a rich benefits package that
constitutes a major portion of total compensation. For more
information regarding SDSU Research Foundation benefits, please
To apply, visit https://careers-sdsurf.icims.com/jobs/15569/postdoctoral-research-scholar-0-5-yrs-experience/job?in_iframe=1
- A background check (including a criminal records check) must be
completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a
position with SDSU Research Foundation.
- San Diego State University Research Foundation is an