ATSU Academic Affairs- Assistant Director Writing Center
United StatesUnited States
A.T. Still University's Academic Affair Dept. (ATSU - AA) is
seeking a full-time Assistant Director of the Writing Center. This
is a remote position. The Assistant Director works closely with the
Director to manage and administer the University Writing Center, an
academic support service staffed 6 days a week.
- Review student papers and provide instructional support to
students to improve their scholarly writing.
- Train writing coaches on UWC policies and
- Update UWC handouts and other materials as
- Develop new programs and materials to meet the needs of the
- Participate on school and university committees as
- Work directly with program/department chairs to monitor the
quality of scholarship across the University.
- Manage the UWC when the Director is absent
- Provide the Proper Use of Sources Tutorial to students within a
7-day deadline, which requires communication with program chairs
- Review dissertations for compliance with APA and program
- Maintain and improve the UWC's web page to ensure there are
meaningful and up-to-date resources for students and faculty
Candidate must be student centered and able to work with a
multitude of different writing levels and personalities.
- Ability to lead, mentor, and manage staff
- Effective interpersonal and organizational skills
- Effective decision-making and prioritizing
- Ability to perform duties autonomously with minimal supervision
and maintain confidentiality
Because the UWC is a virtual entity, the assistant director must be
able to work independently, manage others long-distance, and be
Knowledge of APA and AMA styles is essential.
The position requires a person with a master's degree and a strong
background in writing/editing/medical terminology. Knowledge of APA
and AMA styles is essential. Candidate must have successful record
of managing others and being able to work without
ATSU offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical,
dental, and vision coverages, among more. If eligible,
employee-elected benefits would begin the first of the month
following hire date. For more information, please visit: atsu.edu/employment/benefits
Masters or better.
1-2 Years of relevant experience
Licenses & Certifications
To apply, visit https://recruiting2.ultipro.com/ATS1000ATSU/JobBoard/3cecd56d-0475-4bd9-8534-c2eb468057dd/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=711392ba-f1ad-447b-bd27-735ce9667bdc