ATSU - Assistant Director of Assessment and Accreditation
Mesa, AZ 85206, USAMesa, AZ 85206, USAKirksville, MO 63501,
USAKirksville, MO 63501, USA
A.T. Still University (ATSU) is seeking a full-time exempt
Assistant Director of Assessment and Accreditation (AD) on the
Mesa, Arizona campus. This position reports to the Director of
Assessment and Accreditation and is responsible for
managing/coordinating/assisting with University accreditation
efforts and processes, and program specific external accreditation.
They will collaborate with and provide consultation to
schools/colleges/programs concerning external program
accreditations and University Program Review. The AD is the system
administrator for the University survey software tool, Course
Evaluations & Surveys (CES) used for end of course surveys and
graduate/exit surveys. The AD is responsible for managing all
aspects of the OAA in the absence of the Director. The AD is
responsible for archiving all University assessment and
This position is eligible for a hybrid schedule with the option to
telecommute from either the Kirksville, MO or Mesa, AZ
Duties and Responsibilities:
Experience and Education:
- System administrator for CES, the University survey software
for ATSU. This includes (but is not limited to): training and
orienting designated University staff; collecting and analyzing for
completeness of institutional and/or programmatic data;
preparing/providing reports as requested; developing and delivering
effective training materials as needed; and responsible for problem
solving faculty, staff, and student user issues.
- Contribute to the creation and generation of HLC assurance
arguments (4 year and 10 year reaccreditation). This includes (but
is not limited to): the review of HLC criteria; collection and
review of University data and information; writing and/or editing
of criteria responses; collecting evidence and linking evidence
within the HLC assurance system; and ensuring completion of
assurance argument within the HLC system.
- Manage the ATSU academic and non-academic program review
processes. This includes (but is not limited to): creating and
maintaining the University program review calendar; collaborating
with the University Assessment Manager (UAM) to create templates
for Taskstream AMS; leading program review orientations for
programs; oversee the entire process with the University Wide
Assessment Committee (UWAC), its subcommittees, programs, and
administration, including calibration of the process, calibration
development and updates of calibration items; creating, maintaining
and updating the program review feedback forms within university
software; leading reviewer orientations for new UWAC committees
members; preparing reports for HLC accreditation; managing the
archival of all related documents; manage all program review
updates ensuring all HLC guidelines are implemented; and maintain
the ATSU program review handbook including updating criteria,
policies, and schedules as needed.
- Responsible for tracking and communicating with all programs
going through an external accreditation. This includes (but is not
limited to): leading efforts of assisting programs with external
reviews, providing an orientation with program teams (timelines
required, expectations, OAA responsibilities, etc.); reviewing
self-studies for completeness and accuracy; developing timelines
communicating all university required steps; and collecting and
archiving all documents related to external accreditations.
- Responsible for the management, development, distribution and
collection of the Director's, SVPAA and Deans' evaluations.
This includes (but is not limited to): analyze completeness of
results and prepare/provide reports on data as requested; assist in
the development of alumni surveys and assure the CPA items are
correctly used; and prepare and disseminate reports.
- Develops and maintains collegial relationships with
schools/colleges/programs focused on University assessment and
accreditation processes and efforts.
- Responsible for all University assessment and accreditation
documents/products being archived.
- Masters degree in Education
- Experience with higher education software systems (i.e. Canvas,
Qualtrics, Survey Monkey, Course Evaluations & Surveys,
Taskstream, Digital Measures, or others, etc.).
- Experience in managing multiple projects simultaneously and
meeting competing deadlines as well as experience functioning in a
project manager role.
- Experience with various aspects of accreditation at the
university and programmatic level.
- Experience in researching questions about data collection.
- Experience with data collection and distribution.
- Experience in policy and/or process writing.
- Experience with higher education academic accreditation theory
- Experience with managing groups of people and participating in
- Knowledge of various aspects of accreditation at the university
and programmatic level.
- Knowledge of data collection and distribution.
- Knowledge of higher education accreditation practices and
- Knowledge of higher education software systems.
ATSU offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical,
dental, and vision coverages, among more. If eligible,
employee-elected benefits would begin the first of the month
following hire date. For more information, please visit: atsu.edu/employment/benefits
Masters or better in Education.
Higher Education Experience
Licenses & Certifications
To apply, visit https://recruiting2.ultipro.com/ATS1000ATSU/JobBoard/3cecd56d-0475-4bd9-8534-c2eb468057dd/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=fae05412-c038-442b-bc18-353ad5db2eeb