ATSU - Employment Coordinator
Kirksville, MO 63501, USAKirksville, MO 63501, USA
A.T. Still University of Health Sciences seeks a non-exempt
employment coordinator in the Human Resources department on the
Kirksville, Missouri, campus. The employment coordinator maintains
the day-to-day activities of the human resource function of the
University with complex and specialized administrative tasks
including reviewing job applications from prospective employees,
managing and overseeing records, and generating reports. This
position serves as the initial phone and in person contact for the
The employment coordinator maintains employee records, ensuring
completion and accuracy of details such as employee contact
information, job classification, pay rates, organizational
structure, and other key details. This position conducts or assists
with record audits and mandatory reports, which may include I-9
audits, payroll audits, and other compliance reviews. S/he will
frequently interacts with employees, department heads, and
applicants providing support as needed. The employment coordinator
must maintain confidentiality and assure timeliness in all
Major Job Duties
- Work closely with hiring managers to post jobs in accordance
with applicable laws and ATSU policy and procedures.
- Assure requisitions are routed and approved with the
appropriate signatures for job vacancies and they are posted for a
minimum of 3 days to comply with EEOC requirements as established
with ATSU hiring practices.
- Advertise vacant positions as instructed by the hiring manager,
working with various media outlets to meet established deadlines
- Work with hiring managers to provide a pool of available
qualified applicants for review and consideration
- Complete reference checks with former employers for hiring
manager as requested.
- Onboard all new employees on Kirksville and St. Louis campuses
and remote employees.
- Assure each new employee is appropriately prepared to begin
employment by conducting a one-on-one orientation on or before the
employee's first day of work to assure necessary paperwork and
documentation is on file.
- Verify ATSU application, CV, background screening, license
verification, and official transcripts are on file when applicable,
prior to extending offers to assure compliance with Higher Learning
Commission and specific discipline accreditation requirements.
- Assure accurate and timely submission of each new employee in
the E-Verify system.
- Assure each new employee has signed and accepted an employee
handbook, annual fire and safety report, the drug free and alcohol
- Assure accurate and timely input and maintenance of electronic
personnel files for new hires, changes in employment, and
inactivate terminated employees from the HRIS and payroll system
with the ultimate goal of assuring compliance with DOL, EEOC and
applicable state and federal labor laws as well as ATSU policy and
- Review, complete, and input incoming employee information prior
to the established deadline of each pay period for hourly employees
and prior to 5 days of the end of the month for salaried employees
to assure accurate payroll results.
- Prepare and maintain a log of University-wide personnel changes
for each pay period to interface with Payroll in order to balance
from one cycle to the next.
- Work with supervisors to process status change forms to serve
as a source document for employee personnel changes including pay,
hours, cost centers allocations, and personal information.
- Maintain the departmental Human Resource email account.
- Other duties as assigned
ATSU offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical,
dental, and vision coverages, among more. If eligible,
employee-elected benefits would begin the first of the month
following hire date. For more information, please visit: atsu.edu/employment/benefits
Checking for Accuracy
Works well as a member of a group
Capable of carrying out a given task
with all details necessary to get the task done well
Bachelors or better.
Previous office experience working in a fast pace
environment dealing with confidential information.
Four year degree preferred or an equivalent combination of
education and experience.
Licenses & Certifications
To apply, visit https://recruiting2.ultipro.com/ATS1000ATSU/JobBoard/3cecd56d-0475-4bd9-8534-c2eb468057dd/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=3ef920e2-d943-42ac-b183-9a51b4907168