Associate Director, Executive MBA Student Services
Robinson College of Business
Executive MBA Program
Georgia State University’s J. Mack Robinson College of
(RCB) is one of the largest business schools in the
country with an enrollment of approximately 8,000 students. Our
undergraduate and part-time MBA programs for working professionals
are ranked among the best by U.S. News & World Report, and our
Executive MBA is ranked among the world’s best by CEO Magazine.
Georgia State University is in the heart of Atlanta and has strong
ties with Atlanta’s business leaders, many of whom are alumni of
the Robinson College.
These are exciting times at The J. Mack Robinson College of
Business at Georgia State University. We are growing, and we are
thrilled that you are interested in being a part of our team. We
are surrounded by individuals empowered to use their expertise and
talents to achieve our mission to pursue excellence.
The Executive MBA Program
is seeking (1 ) Associate
Director, Executive MBA Student Services,
to provide leadership
and management of our growing portfolio of strategic partnerships
and immersive programs.
WHAT MAKES Executive MBA Program
A GREAT PLACE?
· A flexible work environment
· Generous benefits, including health, dental, vision, tuition
assistance, retirement, etc.
· A knowledge-sharing organization that works collaboratively with
· Professional development opportunity and mentorship
· A rapidly growing center within an academic setting
· Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
HERE IS WHAT YOU WILL DO
Georgia State University, one of the world's leading academic
institutions and nationally recognized for its innovation in
student success, invites nominations and applications for the
position of Associate Director, Executive MBA Student
at the Robinson College of Business.
The ideal candidate will play an integral role in providing
programmatic support to Georgia State Robinson Executive MBA
students and alumni. The EMBA program recently celebrated its 40th
anniversary, so the Associate Director will have the unique
opportunity to engage with a diverse group of experienced
professionals. They will work closely with the EMBA Faculty
Director and Program Director to plan and deliver an engaging and
impactful program for our students. This position will also
supervise 2 – 3 graduate research assistants.
Located in our Buckhead Atlanta campus
, this position
reports to the GSU Robinson Executive MBA Program Director. The
Associate Director will join a team of high-performing
professionals who work collaboratively to support all stages of the
EMBA student lifecycle.
· Provide premium, high-touch services to EMBA students by
assisting with ordering books/materials, registering students for
class, ordering catering for class weekends, and addressing
· Represent program on class days to engage with and assess student
· Daily to weekly communications with students to provide necessary
information on important deadlines and upcoming events
· Oversee learning management system and collaborate with faculty,
students, and IT to ensure efficient usage among all
· In conjunction with the Director & Business Manager II,
represent and support EMBA Alumni Board
· Create quarterly newsletters to send out to the EMBA alumni
· Plan and execute alumni events, including monthly networking
events, the annual Women’s Networking event, and the annual
off-site board planning meeting
· Coordinate monthly EMBA Alumni Club board meetings
Manage EMBA Graduate Research Assistants:
· Hire and manage 2-3 GRAs each semester to ensure there is
adequate coverage during class weekends
· Coordinate their schedule for the semester to ensure GSU
guidelines are met
· Collaborate with EMBA Program Office to assign consistent
projects and tasks throughout the semester
Program Development/Event Planning:
· Create co- and extra-curricular programming to enhance the
student's academic experience outside the classroom
· Plan and execute onboarding events, orientation, domestic
residency, and graduation celebration
· Develop and execute programming and strategy to increase yield
and retention of admitted and current students
· Work with Buckhead Facilities to schedule space for class days,
team meetings, and special events
· In collaboration with Business Manager II, handle contracts for
EMBA program special events, such as graduation, domestic
residency, and alumni events
Faculty & Academic Department Engagement:
· In collaboration with Program Director & Faculty Director,
develop goals and outcomes for students
· In collaboration with Faculty Director, provide support in course
· Assist Director with oversight of EMBA budget as it relates to
student services & alumni relations
· Represent the program in quarterly faculty meetings to assess
needs and address issues
Other Duties as Assigned:
· Maintain student and alumni records
· Assist the Director in building reports/maintaining data relevant
to student services
· Collaborate with MarCom to create marketing materials for student
· Maintain working and collaborative relationships with other RCB
units (e.g. Career Advancement, Admissions & Recruiting,
Graduate Student Services)
· Assist Associate Director, EMBA, in social media posts related to
current students & alumni
Ideal Candidate will have the following experiences &
· Five years of related experience plus a Master’s degree; or a
combination of education and related experience.
· Working knowledge of graduate student services in a University
· Strong interpersonal skills to work effectively and
diplomatically with graduate students and alumni
· Excellent verbal communication skills; ability to make group
presentations to convey information on a variety of topics.
· Ability to make independent decisions, problem solve and take the
initiative and appropriate action; must be able to work
independently and follow through on assignments with limited
· Working knowledge of Learning Management Systems and Customer
Relationship Management systems
· Strong skills in interacting with various social, cultural,
economic, and educational backgrounds.
· Experience with Customer Relationship Management systems –
creating events and email outreach communications
· Strong skills in project and event management. Ability to
collaborate with other departments throughout campus
· Ability to think creatively and bring new ideas to the
· Requires the ability to work class weekends
This position is eligible for a flexible schedule. Given that
this is a student-facing role, they would be required to be present
at the Buckhead campus on Friday and Saturday class days. For weeks
where there is no class, this position would be scheduled Monday –
Friday from 8:30 – 5:00 in a hybrid format.
The University System of Georgia (USG) provides comprehensive
benefits to Georgia State employees. USG offers healthcare, dental,
vision and other benefits, as well as retirement plan options.
- Flexible Work Schedules
- This position is eligible for a flexible schedule and hybrid
remote working that meet the needs of the employee and Robinson
- USG Retirement Options:
- Optional Retirement Plan ORP is a 401(a) Defined
Contribution Plan. Employees contribute 6%, and USG contributes
9.24% to the plan. Employees are immediately vested.
- Teacher Retirement System TRS is a Defined Benefit Plan,
a traditional public pension plan. Employees contribute 6%, and USG
contributes 19.81% to the plan. Your retirement benefit is
calculated by factoring in years of service, final salary, and 2%
multiplier. Employees are vested after 10 years.
- See the
retirement comparison chart for more information.
- Tuition Assistance Program (TAP)
o Full-time employees enrolled in a USG degree program may earn
their degree for free.
Find the TAP details here
- Bachelor's degree and five years of related experience; or a
combination of education and related experience.