The College of Arts and Sciences is seeking to hire an experienced
. This position will be
responsible for implementation of a tracking system to manage the
responsible conduct in research to federal compliance requirements
for graduate students. This position will administer the graduate
foreign language exam for all graduate students in the
The essential duties and responsibilities of the Administrative
Specialist are the following:
- Attend to and manage the front desk of the Office of Graduate
- Provide customer service and screen visitors for appropriate
- Manage thesis/dissertation formatting process for graduating
- Each semester, review documents for compliance with college and
university requirements and clear them for upload to the university
- Offer formatting workshops and one-on-one instructional
sessions for graduating students.
- Process GTA/GRA tuition waiver requests; verify residency
status and manage out of state tuition waiver allocation in Banner
- Develop and implement a tracking system for graduate student
compliance with federal responsible conduct and research
requirements; enter CITI and RCR compliance codes into Banner.
- Work with college advisors to flag students out of
- Administer the graduate foreign language reading exam; make
exams available to any graduate student who has submitted a request
to take the exam.
- Coordinate review and assessment of exams with World Language
- Track student exam results and communicate results to student's
- Supervise student assistants, enter timesheets, hire, train and
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree and two years administrative experience; or a
high school diploma or GED and six years administrative experience;
or a combination of education and related experience.