Open Until Filled
Operations Assistant, Financial and Administrative
Department this Position Reports to
Nicole Constantineau and Alicea Bursey
Hiring Range Minimum
Hiring Range Maximum
Not a Union Position
Not an SEIU Position
Regular Full Time
Scheduled Months per Year
Scheduled Hours per Week
8am – 5pm, Monday-Friday, with flexibility for occasional evenings
or weekends. On-site presence is expected to be three days per
Location of Position
Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center.
Remote Work Eligibility?
Is this a term position?
If yes, length of term in months.
Is this a grant funded position?
Reporting to the Dartmouth Cancer Center ( DCC ) Associate Director
for Strategic Initiatives & Global Oncology ( ADSIGO ),
provides day-to-day administrative support for the Cancer Biology (
CANB ) Program. Also reporting to the Senior Research Administrator
on the Finance team, will manage daily financial activities to
facilitate an efficient administrative infrastructure supporting
the department’s multi-disciplinary academic and research
The Dartmouth Cancer Center (formerly Norris Cotton Cancer Center)
is one of just 53 U.S. National Cancer Institute designated
comprehensive cancer centers and the only one north of Boston and
east of Albany. We are responsible for advancing cancer science
through research, treating patients, and educating clinicians and
scientists. The Cancer Center is located at Dartmouth Hitchcock
Medical Center in Lebanon, NH and our director reports jointly to
the President of Dartmouth Health and the Dean of Geisel School of
Medicine at Dartmouth College. The Operations Assistant is part of
the central administrative, financial, and management team working
in the Rubin Building at Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center. The
Operations Assistant reports directly to the Associate Director for
Strategic Initiatives & Global Oncology and the faculty
director of the Cancer Biology doctoral training program, as well
as to the Senior Research Administrator for the Financial Team.
Over the summer of 2022, the team is transitioning back to onsite
work. Our atmosphere is collaborative and positive with a distinct
appreciation for diversity, equity, and inclusion. We have
tremendous respect for our crucial role in providing cancer
treatment to our neighbors in New Hampshire and Vermont,
discovering better treatments for cancer, and advancing the careers
of clinicians and scientists. The successful candidate will join
our stable group of professionals dedicated to developing the
careers of the next generation of cancer researchers.
The successful candidate will be comfortable working with varying
audiences at all levels, energetic, and responsive. You’ll be a
part of the process that has and will produce science with a global
Required Qualifications - Education and Yrs Exp
3+ years of experience
Required Qualifications - Skills, Knowledge and
- Three years of general oﬃce or ﬁnancial experience.
- Flexibility and openness to change.
- Financial transaction processing experience.
- Ability to maintain and foster confidentiality.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to manage logistical and administrative details of
multiple tasks or projects.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal
- Ability to work effectively, independently, and as a member of
- Proﬁciency in database management, spreadsheets, and other
- Willingness and ability to exercise judgment and initiative and
to interact with a diverse set of faculty, personnel, and outside
agencies in a professional manner.
Department Contact for Recruitment Inquiries
- Associate’s degree, or the equivalent work experience.
- Ability to plan work, set priorities, and respond to pressures,
deadlines, and changes in schedules and priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively collaborate and interact
with all levels of employees, management, and leadership.
- Familiarity with Dartmouth accounting systems and
- Commitment to diversity and to serving the needs of a diverse
Department Contact Phone Number
Department Contact for Cover Letter and Title
Linda Kennedy & Nicole Constantineau
Department Contact's Phone Number
Equal Opportunity Employer
Dartmouth College is an equal opportunity/affirmative action
employer with a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. We
prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex,
age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, disability, veteran status, marital status, or any
other legally protected status. Applications by members of all
underrepresented groups are encouraged.
Employment in this position is contingent upon consent to and
successful completion of a pre-employment background check, which
may include a criminal background check, reference checks,
verification of work history, and verification of any required
academic credentials, licenses, and/or certifications, with results
acceptable to Dartmouth College. A criminal conviction will not
automatically disqualify an applicant from employment. Background
check information will be used in a confidential,
non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal
Is driving a vehicle (e.g. Dartmouth vehicle or off road
vehicle, rental car, personal car) an essential function of this
Not an essential function
Special Instructions to Applicants
This position is funded by a grant. Continuation is based upon
Dartmouth College has a Tobacco-Free Policy. Smoking and the use of
tobacco-based products (including smokeless tobacco) are prohibited
in all facilities, grounds, vehicles or other areas owned, operated
or occupied by Dartmouth College with no exceptions. For details,
please see our policy. https://policies.dartmouth.edu/policy/tobacco-free-policy
Percentage Of Time
- Serves primary point of contact for student issues and course
- Manage timetables, qualifiers, and course approvals.
- Works with students to ensure program requirements are
- Onboards new students.
- Preparing and processing business expense reports,
interdepartmental invoices, and deposits for faculty and
- Entering requisitions in iProcurement.
- Maintaining billing processes for contractual agreements with
- Compiling and coordinating grant applications and
- Editing and reviewing applications.
- Researching transactions and accounting details.
- Processing paperwork for new employees.
Percentage Of Time
- Interacts regularly with a wide range of internal and external
constituents and staff members and conveys information on behalf of
- Handles a variety of persons wishing to make appointments and
effectively redirects caller/visitor to the appropriate
- Regularly handles confidential or sensitive information,
exercises discretion concerning its disposition.
- Interprets, applies, and explains office, program, department,
and College policies and procedures.
- Coordinates and communicates about financial transactions with
the finance center.
- Maintains files for documentation and reconciliation of
procurement card purchases by department faculty, students, and
staff; holder of the departmental procurement card.
- Performs data entry and may run reports in
financial/administrative systems and databases.
- Prepares and processes payables, journal transfers, etc.
- Communicates respectfully with a diverse community.
- Manages Listservs and other program communications.
Percentage Of Time
- Prepares and monitors financial requests.
- Reserves classroom space.
- Delivers exceptional customer service, ensures responsiveness,
- Participates in customer specific training for departmental
personnel in financial transactions.
- Prepares a wide variety of materials such as correspondence,
committee minutes and reports, handouts; proof reading to ensure
- Maintains office files and department databases, following
records retention procedures.
- May assist with maintenance of departmental and program
- Maintains office equipment and orders office supplies.
- Coordinates with Geisel Facilities office on office moves and
other facility related issues.
- Orients new, students, staff, and visitors to the office and
- Supports the office’s mission to foster inclusiveness and
Demonstrates a commitment to diversity, inclusion, and cultural
awareness through actions, interactions, and communications with
Performs other duties as assigned.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Documents Needed to Apply
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Talent Acquisition Consultant
- American Library Association
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- Chronicle of Philanthropy
- Dartmouth College Employment Website
- Internal Employee Referral (Please specify full name
- Higher Ed Jobs
- Inside Higher Ed Jobs
- National Black MBA Association
- Recruit Military
- Valley News
- Other (Please specify below)
- If you answered, 'Internal Employee Referral' or 'Other' to the
above question, please specify here:
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Additional Document #1
- Additional Document #2