The Office of the Dean of the Faculty and Vice President for
Academic Affairs invites applications for the position of Senior
Administrative Coordinator. The Senior Administrative Coordinator
provides both managerial and administrative support to the daily
operations of the Office of the Dean of the Faculty and Vice
President for Academic Affairs.
- The successful candidate must possess excellent organizational,
interpersonal, and professional communication skills;
- be able to work independently;
- identify and coordinate with key constituents both on and off
- possess excellent judgment and be able to discern competing
- maintain confidentiality in a highly visible and fast-paced
This position has a high level of responsibility for independent
tasks requiring accuracy and accountability and requires advanced
multi-tasking skills and the ability to be flexible with constantly
changing priorities. Troubleshooting and problem-solving
effectively, oftentimes at the spur of the moment, is essential.
The holder of this position must maintain an excellent working
relationship with other members of the staff and being a team
player is essential.
The Senior Administrative Coordinator is primarily responsible for
the management and maintenance of the daily calendars for the Vice
President for Academic Affairs and two Associate Deans of the
- serves as liaison between the DOF/VPAA and the Office of the
President and President’s Cabinet;
- provides receptionist duties for the office; and coordinates
travel logistics for the office.
- coordinating academic department reviews;
- collaborating with academic departments on faculty
- planning and coordinating logistics for meetings, workshops,
celebrations, and retreats;
- supporting the Director of the Center for Leadership, Teaching
- overseeing the Academic Assistant Group;
- collecting and tracking departmental triennial reports and
faculty annual summaries of activities;
- maintaining numerous email distribution lists; and
- general correspondence.
$23.30 - $25.00 per hour commensurate with
experience for this Staff.130 band position. Internal candidates
may fall outside of this range and should contact Nancy Bruno with
any individual pay rate questions.
Required documents needed to apply:
Review of applications will begin on June 15th and will continue
until the position is filled.
- On-line application
- Cover Letter
- List of Three References
Skidmore College is committed to being an inclusive campus
community and, as an Equal Opportunity Employer, does not
discriminate in its hiring or employment practices on the basis of
race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, national or ethnic
origin, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status,
marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status,
domestic violence victim status, familial status, dating violence,
or stalking, or any other category protected by applicable federal,
state or local laws.
Employment at Skidmore College is contingent upon an acceptable
background check result.
CREATIVE THOUGHT MATTERS.