Franklin College of Arts and Sciences at the University of Georgia is seeking a Divisional Business and Finance Manager for our Physical and Mathematical Sciences Division (PAMS). PAMS, within the Franklin College Business Office (FCBO), provides effective ﬁscal management and stewardship of the Franklin College of Arts and Sciences ﬁnancial resources. In partnership with college and departmental leadership, PAMS manages payroll, non-sponsored funds, works to evaluate, develop and improve business processes and makes ﬁnancial decisions that are strategic, compliant, and timely.
Completion of a Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, or related discipline or an equivalent combination of education and experience
• At least five years of related experience
• Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to interact with a variety of personalities at all levels, exercising tact, confidentiality, sound judgment, diplomacy, and flexibility to promote positive working relationships and job effectiveness
• Substantially developed interpersonal and teamwork skills to successfully work with diverse groups in an academic environment
• Demonstrated ability to coordinate and manage multiple competing projects in an organized, efficient manner by prioritizing tasks to meet deadlines
• Ability to act independently and exercise sound judgment with sensitivity to identify matters that require higher-level management consultation
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, pivot charts and tables
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Solid knowledge of processes, protocols and procedures with a focus on budget, account and fund management and personnel/position management.
• Demonstrated experience performing complex analyses involving programmatic and fiscal considerations, formation of action plans, and independently making decisions in all aspects.
• Experience managing and developing budgets, coordinating multiple projects, and adapting programmatic objectives to changes.
Departmental Business and Finanical Management (50% of Effort) :
- Responsible for oversight of departments within the division in terms of payroll and non-sponsored funds
- Meet with Payroll/Financial Manager regularly to discuss departmental Financial/payroll operations.
- Ensure Payroll/Financial are working collaboratively on departmental support.
- In conjunction with Financial Manager/Payroll Manager: review, forecast and manage budgetary processes including developing annual budgets for state funds and any special projects to adhere to UGA policy and fiscal management;
- In conjunction with Financial manager/Payroll manager ensure year close out.
- Manage special requests from departments.
- Review outgoing reconciliations for accuracy
- Oversee Summer Payroll process for departments.
- Review Payroll spreadsheet for accuracy.
- Interacts with division counterparts in Research Enterprise Support Team, Business Services Center, and Foundation Fund Managment to understand and assist in departmental big picture
- Review all forms that require dean’s signature before submitting to director for submission to dean.
Employee Management/Supervision (20% of Effort) :
- Determine areas of knowledge base gaps and arrange/provide training to individuals
- Responsible for coverage plan within division when there are absences/vacancies; work with the assistant director on shifting resources across division or functional groups when needed
- Manage performance, leave requests, workload and all happenings of individuals in division.
Division/Department Communication and Collaboration (20% of Effort) :
- Schedule meetings with department heads/faculty to discuss financial/payroll (with managers). Ensure compliance with UGA financial processes and standards
- Review outgoing communications to ensure they are meeting the customer services standards and information provided is accurate
- Performs random audits of the processes and procedures within the team and the FCCBSC
- Meet regularly with other Franklin Divisional Business and Financial Managers to collaborate laterally.
Approvals and Compliance (10% of Effort) :
- Serve as departmental approver in the UGA Financial Management and OneUSG Connect system for departments in assigned division
- Ensure compliance with UGA financial processes and standards
- Performs random audits of the processes and procedures