Reporting to the Director of Financial Aid, the Assistant Director
serves as a key management position in the Office of Financial Aid.
Primary responsibility for this role includes the evaluation,
awarding and reconciliation of Federal and State financial aid
programs. The Assistant Director is responsible for database
management and reporting on key financial aid metrics for both
internal and t external student service areas. The Assistant
Director will assist in staff management and evaluation and other
duties as assigned.
- The candidate is responsible for determining the financial aid
eligibility of prospective and current students and assuring
compliance with federal, state, and institutional guidelines.
- Assess, improve, and maintain the operational and technical
aspects of Financial Aid processes in accordance with best
practices in technology.
- Advises and counsels students, prospective students, parents,
and colleagues regarding federal, state, and institutional
financial aid programs.
- Manage the Baltimore City Community College’s Financial Aid
student information system--Ellucian's Banner, and Student Self
Service Portal. Manages and updates packaging rules and reconciles
Federal and State aid allocations.
- Keeps the office informed about Financial Aid regulatory
- Developing and documenting staff and operational procedures and
providing staff training.
- Coordinate with I.T. and IER on document management efforts,
data analysis, and report writing.
- Recommend and implement technological solutions to meet office
- Represent the office on various college committees
- Maintain and operate external computer systems, such as the
Department of Education's Federal Student Aid Internet Gateway
(SAIG), Federal Common Origination and Disbursement (COD),
- Develop and implement timely communications to students,
parents, and other stakeholders regarding all aspects of the
financial aid process.
- Responsible for electronically downloading FAFSA (ISIRs).
- Monitors the Financial Aid website, editing information as
needed throughout the academic year.
- Responsible for verification and packaging of student
- Manage and execute end-to-end R2T4 process
- Review Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) appeals for GPA
- Assist with the coordination of Federal Work Study Program
- Maintain FWS handbook, job aids, training material for
supervisors and content on the financial aid webpage.
- Oversees the State Programs and assist with Federal and state
reporting and audits.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Financial
- Bachelor's degree
- At least 5 years of experience in financial aid
- Strong organizational and critical thinking skills,
- Demonstrated ability to multitask
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as
strong people skills
- Proficient computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft
Office products including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Proficiency with common Financial Aid Databases
- Master’s Degree
- Community College Experience
- Proficiency with Ellucian Banner, or similar higher education
student information system, highly preferred