Under general direction, the Webmaster II is responsible for
maintaining and enhancing FGCU’s website, improving its SEO, and
ensuring functionality and usability across campus. Often leads
development projects using strong technical skills and collaborates
with stakeholders throughout the University.
Florida Gulf Coast University is committed to establishing and
maintaining an inclusive working and learning environment in which
students, faculty, administrators, staff, curriculum, social
activities, governance, and all other aspects of the campus life
reflect a diverse, multi-cultural, and international
At FGCU, we prohibit any form of racism, discrimination,
intolerance, hate expressions, or disrespect. We are committed to
preparing students to understand, live among, appreciate, and work
in an inherently diverse country and world made up of people with
different ethnic and racial backgrounds, religious beliefs,
abilities, ages, gender identities, sexual orientations,
socio-economic status, cultural traditions, family statuses, and
military backgrounds. FGCU strives to hire great people from a wide
variety of backgrounds, not just because it is the right thing to
do, but because it makes our university stronger. The University
community recognizes the importance of a diverse and inclusive
institution and holds these ideals as paramount for the current and
future success of the institution.
We encourage individuals from diverse backgrounds to apply for this
position as we believe that our university will grow and move
forward through a commitment to equality for all.
Typical duties may include but are not limited to:
- Updates and maintains the University website content,
formatting, and SEO to ensure all information is accurate and up to
date, and that content adheres to brand guidelines.
- Collaborates with FGCU technical teams and University
stakeholders to determine user needs and best approach to meet
- Analyzes and identifies problems uncovered by testing and user
feedback, and corrects problems or refers problems to appropriate
personnel for correction.
- Collaborates with technical teams to implement new features and
- Analyzes website user experience and implements innovative
solutions and improvements to optimize website usability for all
- Coordinates with web team members to prioritize needs, resolve
conflicts, develop functional criteria, or choose appropriate
solutions to maintain/improve FGCU website.
- Utilizes web tools (GA4, SEMRush, Crazy Egg) to monitor website
performance, generate reports, and provide insight to inform
decision-making and drive continuous improvement.
- Creates and utilizes SEO best practices to improve University
website visibility, organic traffic, and search engine
- Trains and supports content contributors across campus through
communication of website guidelines and best practices.
- Maintains web application code to meet FGCU security standards,
and collaborates with IT and security teams to ensure website is
compliant with regulations and secure from threats.
- Maintains a current understanding of programming practices,
emerging trends, and best practices in web development, design,
SEO, and user experience through continuing education, reading or
participation in professional conferences, workshops or
Additional Job Description
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- May design and implement databases and web applications.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in Computer
Science, Web Development, or related field.
- Two years of experience in web application, development, and
- Any appropriate combination of relevant education, experience,
and/or certifications may be considered.
- Experience in developing standards compliant web applications,
UX/UI principles and current web design standards.
- Experience with responsive fluid design practices, methods, and
tools including HTML, 5/CSS3, Bootstrap, JQuery, and JSON.
Knowledge Skills & Abilities:
- Experience working in higher education.
Pay Grade: 17
- Knowledge of policies, procedures, and regulations pertaining
to the position.
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to deal effectively in
a team environment.
- Strong organizational skills and an ability to prioritize and
complete simultaneous projects within deadlines.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills and the
ability to present effectively to small and large groups.
website development languages and frameworks.
- Knowledge of content management systems, website
administration, and website security principles.
- Knowledge of website accessibility standards and SEO best
- Ability to work successfully as both a member of a team and
independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to analyze problems and develop creative solutions to
complex web development issues.
- Ability to use website analytics tools and make data-driven
- Ability to operate a personal computer for extended periods of
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively within a diverse
community and willing to contribute to a team effort.
- Ability to multi-task and manage conflicting priorities in a
fast paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to act independently upon information and
make decisions that achieve optimal results.
FGCU is an EOE AA /F/Vet/Disability Employer.