Earlham College is a Top 100 National Liberal Arts College located
in Richmond, IN, a small city that's just a short drive away from
several major metropolitan areas including Dayton, Cincinnati,
Indianapolis and Chicago.
Richmond and Earlham have a symbiotic relationship. Through
research, studies, internships and volunteering, Earlhamites offer
Richmond expertise and service as Richmond offers our students the
chance to gain valuable, real-world experience. Our community
assumes no religious affiliation but follows Quaker principles and
practices, which include respect for persons, integrity, a
commitment to peace and justice, simplicity, and consensus-based
community decision-making. Earlham is committed to and proud of
being a diverse and inclusive place most clearly visible in our
student body: 20% of our student body are international, coming
from 60+ nations in 2022, and 24% are domestic students of color.
Faculty and staff also bring tremendous diversity to the College;
many have lived and worked outside the United States, and they make
a point of drawing on those experiences in their interactions with
students. Additionally, Earlham makes it a priority to serve as a
safe and welcoming place for LGBTQ+ communities and has a four-star
rating on the Campus Pride Index. Our community is characterized by
respect for every person and a commitment to social justice. Equity
and inclusion are central to Earlham's institutional priorities and
our leadership is committed to widening the path to an Earlham
Earlham College is seeking an Administrative Assistant-Center
for Career Education and Office of Community Engagement to join our
Summary: Under the guidance and direction of the Executive
Director, the Administrative Assistant provides primary support for
the Center for Career Education and the Office of Community
Engagement. The Administrative Assistant is an integral member of a
dynamic team in a fast-paced office environment.
- Serve as the first point of contact in the Center for Career
Education for students, faculty, and visitors.
- Provide administrative support for the Executive Director that
may include maintenance of calendars, scheduling meetings,
arranging professional trip logistics, etc.
- Provide administrative support for the Epic Advantage program
including - initial screening of applications for completeness,
tracking and processing of payments, and budget reconciliation of
- Manage approval of employers and job postings and labeling in
- Process and maintain accounting records including cash
advances, bills, check warrants, and budget reconciliations.
- Oversee submission and review of monthly credit card
- Support CCE and OCE programs and events through scheduling room
reservations, coordinating arrangements for catering, hospitality,
facilities and set-up, production of materials and using Earlham’s
My Epic Journey platform and 25Live.
- Take detailed and accurate minutes as requested at
- Organize and maintain departmental electronic files in Box and
- Manage inventory of office supplies and equipment including
location of supplies and storage areas.
- Maintain the neatness and cleanliness of common areas,
conference rooms and storage areas including minor cleaning duties
not carried out by Housekeeping staff.
- Assist in the supervision of student workers, specifically
those who work at the front desk.
- Maintain a professional and friendly atmosphere.
- Run errands on and off campus, including some local
- Maintain the calendar for the LBC Commons and LBC 107 and
approve reservations through 25Live.
- Daily management of CCE and OCE mail.
- Assist with the maintenance of bulletin boards.
- Additional duties and projects as assigned.
The review of applications will begin immediately and continue
until the position is filled.
- A high school diploma or GED certificate is required. Associate
or bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Experience working in an office environment is highly
- Computer training in Microsoft applications including Excel and
the ability to learn other computer software programs,
technological platforms, and social media.
- Familiarity with basic technology applications such as HTML for
web pages and email.
- Student-centered and experience communicating with and
supporting people from diverse backgrounds and an expressed
commitment to uphold and further Earlham’s Diversity Aspirations
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced office environment.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision as well
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication
- Excellent proofreading skills.
- Successful candidate should be personable, professional and
have the ability to maintain confidentiality of information shared
within the CCE and OCE.
- Valid driver’s license and driving record that will allow
candidate to be approved to drive college vehicles.
- Be a positive example and resource to all Earlham Students
- Please submit the following application materials through our
Earlham Careers Portal
- Cover letter - Please address your thinking and experience with
matters of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, as it relates and
specifically pertains to this position.
- List of Three References with Contact Information
Earlham College is an equal opportunity employer committed to
building a diverse community, one that reflects the makeup of
society at large and that particularly welcomes and supports
individuals from groups that have been historically marginalized
because of factors such as race, ethnicity, sex, gender identity,
gender expression, sexual orientation, socioeconomic class, and
physical ability. The College strongly encourages applications from
women and people of color. As an institution with a Quaker
identity, the College also solicits applications from members of
the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers).
Earlham's Work Authorization Policy
Earlham utilizes E-Verify
to confirm employment eligibility for all
newly hired employees within the United States.