The Adjunct position provides quality instruction and maintains a
positive learning environment in the classroom, with major emphasis
placed on teaching, supporting and evaluating students. The Adjunct
role provides instruction and monitors teaching/learning
effectiveness in courses assigned by the Department Chair, or other
leadership members. The incumbent must exhibit strong
organizational skills and the ability to multitask while engaging
large groups of people with complicated material.
Instruction & Student Learning
Student Engagement & Advisement
- Teaches assigned courses as scheduled. Designs curriculum
embracing diversity, in all forms, to foster talent in students
while modeling inclusive teaching strategies, with an understanding
of the socio-cultural issues of traditionally underrepresented
- Considers individual differences of students in order to design
and support a range of appropriate learning activities.
Participates in the identification of students with academic or
other needs and responds by utilizing an appropriate resource.
- Uses technology in a manner appropriate to the nature and
objectives of courses and programs and communicates clearly to
students the expectations concerning the use of such technology.
Keeps accurate and appropriate records in accordance with
- Maintains attendance records, determines and submits grades
timely, and in accordance with established policies and procedures
of the College, and communicates progress feedback as well as other
relevant information to students throughout the semester.
- Distributes and maintain accurate syllabi that incorporates
departmental, college, cross-college, and instructor requirements.
Conducts classes punctually and in accordance with the prescribed
meeting schedule. Employs appropriate assessment techniques to
measure students’ performance in achieving course goals and
- Engages in periodic meetings with the department, Lead
Instructor, and Chairperson relative to teaching duties and
Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion
- Creates a positive classroom atmosphere that encourages active
and collaborative learning, student effort, academic challenge,
student and faculty interaction, and support for learners.
- Uses technology to assist in communication with students.
Encourages a sense of community among students for learning both
inside and outside the classroom. Refers students to appropriate
student and academic support services available at the College or
in the community.
- Helps to ensure the College meets its responsibilities in
identifying areas of opportunity and systemic concerns while
reporting complaints alleging discrimination.
- Creates a welcoming, inclusive, equitable and productive work
and learning environment where all students, faculty members, and
college employees feel valued and are able to contribute to their
full potential, regardless of their differences.
- Ensures accessible and inclusive curriculum design and teaching
strategies, and specifically promotes, advises, and supports
curriculum development aimed at creating a diverse and equitable
learning environment. Fosters and maintains a safe environment of
respect and inclusion for faculty, staff, students, and members of
- Master's degree in an academic discipline.
- State Motor Vehicle Operator's License or demonstrable ability
to gain access to work site(s), which may include assignments at
various of the Regional Learning Centers.
- College teaching experience and knowledge of Columbus State
$54.88 / hour
Full Time/Part Time:
Union (If Applicable):