Teaching faculty at Guilford Technical Community College are
responsible for supporting student success by creating an optimum
learning environment, responding to student needs, managing
effective instructional activities, modeling employability skills,
demonstrating professionalism, developing cooperative work
relationships with other faculty and staff, supporting college
administrative requirements, and maintaining competency in their
instructional field. He/she will be responsible for quality
instruction and for effective participation and interest in the
total affairs of the college.
Under general supervision, this individual will prepare and teach
students the necessary required workplace skill set to serve as a
Customer Service Representative. Coursework includes, but is not
limited to, customer service terminology, concepts, &
principles, developing a positive attitude, problem solving,
listening skills, and handling complaints. The adjunct faculty
member must be able to instruct across all the required areas of
- Associate's Degree in Office Administration or another related
field from a regionally accredited post-secondary institution.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or related field
from a regionally accredited post-secondary institution.
- Three years of recent experience working in a call center as a
Team Lead and/or Manager.
- Post-secondary teaching and/or industry training
- Greater than three years of recent work experience working in a
call center as a Team Lead and/or Manager.
- Community College teaching experience.
- Experience with assessment of student learning outcomes.
- Experience with distance learning and/or alternate
instructional delivery systems.