Rocky Vista University
Rocky Vista University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
employer that does not discriminate against an employee or
applicant based upon race, color, religion, gender, national
origin, disability, or veteran status. Rocky Vista University is an
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Category: Student Affairs Staff
Location, Job Title, Benefits
Rocky Vista University in Englewood, CO has an opening for
Career and Professional Development Counselor
To be considered for this position applicants should submit a
resume/cover letter and salary requirements.
$45,300 to $56,600+ per salary, the posted salary range represents
the minimum to the midpoint within RVU's compensation plan. RVU's
full compensation structure provides a minimum to a maximum range.
The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set
based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to skill,
knowledge, experience, education, and credentials.
RVU offers a full benefits package that includes Health, Dental and
Vision insurance, along with 2 weeks (minimum) accrued paid
vacation days per year, 12 accrued sick days per year, personal
days, 13 ½ paid holidays and 401(K) match up to 7% based on
employee's contribution. A hybrid work model with remote
flexibility is also available for eligible positions.
Commitment to Inclusive Excellence: We are Rocky Vista
University (RVU), a diverse, equitable, and inclusive healthcare
education university that recognizes, values, and respects the
commonalities and differences reflected in our students, staff,
faculty, and alumni. We strive to be compassionate healthcare
educators and practitioners who embrace and champion diversity,
equity, and inclusion.
RVU is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression,
sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or
Lead career counseling services to guide and support all RVU
students in achieving their career and professional goals.
Essential Job Functions
Career Advising Duties:
- Serves as an integral member of the Student Affairs team.
- Execute the career advising program to guide and support
students holistically in the clarification and development of their
personal and professional goals, and promote student development by
providing information and referral to campus specialty
organizations, professional national memberships &
- Provide career counseling in cooperation with the Utah advisor
for students in the College of Medicine (COM), Master of Physician
Assistant Studies (PA) program, and Master of Science in Biomedical
Sciences (MSBS) program to develop a strategic plan for next steps
depending on their academic (tier) status and interests.
- Council and support students in the ongoing development of
their personal brand, documentation, and career exploration through
the delivery of one-on-one and group career advising sessions,
resources, and professional development workshops.
- Coordinate and provide training to students in utilizing
national self-assessment tools such as the Gallup Strengths Finder
to help students leverage strengths in their individual lives,
career paths, and leadership opportunities.
- Partner with Clinical Career Advisors to generate training and
produce transition plans for COM OMS-II students' transition to
clinical years, and participate in preliminary preparation of the
MSPE by assisting students to develop comprehensive Noteworthy
- Research, design, and teach educational sessions to students to
develop their career readiness skills.
- Manage, select, and train Career Peer Leadership team. Lead the
Career Peer Coaching Leadership program to enhance leadership
competences in Peer Coaches and increase student engagement in
professional development through one-on-one and group interactions
in person and virtually.
- Manage career advising online resources, including Teams,
Careers in Medicine, and RVU website.
- Recognize different types of crises and refer students to
campus/community resources as deemed appropriate. Develop metrics
and assessment tools to continuously assess the efficacy of career
services and programing by measuring student learning outcomes and
utilizing student evaluation data to refine solutions and program
design for purposeful career placement.
- Prioritize program content based on emerging national data and
trends to enhance professional development aimed at assisting
students to acquire crucial competencies to continuously yield
compelling future residency candidates.
- Build cross-campus collaborative partnerships with faculty,
staff, and program directors to assess students' professional
development needs, enhance students' holistic understanding and
selection of curricular and co-curricular involvement based on
Student Affairs/General Duties:
- Perform ongoing assistance with Student Affairs events and
- Participate in regular collaboration meetings with counterparts
on Utah Campus.
- Have a clear understanding of all university and college
academic policies; and work on a daily basis with other entities
- Help students navigate institutional policies and
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to communicate clearly effectively, both orally and in
- Demonstrated commitment to valuing equity, diversity and
contributing to an inclusive working and learning environment.
- Public speaking.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and security of
- Ability to problem-solve.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- If needed, ability to work outside of normal business
- Knowledge of University and College Policy and Procedures.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution
- 3 years of full-time experience at an accredited university,
health profession college, or medical school
- Demonstrated increased leadership responsibilities in a
- Graduate Degree from an accredited institution
- 6 years of full-time experience at an accredited university,
health profession college, or medical school
- Experience with student advising and/or academic support
- Graduate Degree in related field, such as Student Affairs
Administration, Higher Education, Social Work, Educational
Psychology, Counseling, etc., from an accredited institution.
Final applicant will be required to pass background check and
Qualified applicants will be contacted. There may be an additional
video interview for you to complete. Please watch your
email including spam and promotions folder.
Rocky Vista University, on the recommendation of the COVID-19
Response Team (CRT), implemented a mandatory vaccination policy for
all employees and students effective July 1, 2021. Appropriate
exemptions may be considered, and individual state laws may
Rocky Vista University is in full compliance with the Americans
with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate with regard
to applicants or employees with disabilities, and will make
reasonable accommodation when necessary. The following are
essential abilities and physical requirements for all positions at
- Ability to orally communicate effectively with others;
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing, using the
- Ability to work cooperatively with colleagues and supervisory
staffs at all levels;
- May be exposed to short, intermittent, and/or prolonged periods
of sitting and/or standing in performance of job duties;
- May be required to accomplish job duties using various types of
equipment/supplies to include, but not limited to, pens, pencils,
calculators, computer keyboards, telephone, etc.;
- May be required to transport oneself to other campus offices,
conference rooms, and on occasion, to off-campus sites to attend
meetings, conferences, workshops, seminars, etc.