Rocky Vista University
Rocky Vista University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
employer that does not discriminate against an employee or
applicant based upon race, color, religion, gender, national
origin, disability, or veteran status. Rocky Vista University is an
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Category: Healthcare Support
Location, Job Title, Benefits
Rocky Vista University in Ivins, UT has an opening for
Medical Office Specialist - Temporary (Full-time)
Time Commitment: this temporary position will be 12-16
To be considered for this position applicants should submit a
resume/cover letter and salary requirements.
$14.28 - $17.84 per hour depending on experience. The salary of the
finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety
of factors, including but not limited to skill, knowledge,
experience, education, and credentials.
Commitment to Inclusive Excellence: We are Rocky Vista
University (RVU), a diverse, equitable, and inclusive healthcare
education university that recognizes, values, and respects the
commonalities and differences reflected in our students, staff,
faculty, and alumni. We strive to be compassionate healthcare
educators and practitioners who embrace and champion diversity,
equity, and inclusion.
RVU is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression,
sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or
Ensures efficient health center operations by performing a variety
of medical office front desk responsibilities.
Essential Job Functions
- Greeting patients at the front desk, checking patients in,
collecting insurance information, scanning patients' forms and
documents into the EMR, and inputting patient information into
- Managing medical records release process between medical
offices, labs, hospitals etc.
- Managing the patient scheduling process, including confirmation
and reminders calls.
- Answering and triaging the incoming phone calls.
- Collecting payments from the patients and documenting the
payments into the EMR.
- Supply ordering process.
- Insurance verification.
- Monitoring patient scheduling on ZocDoc and assisting with
- Daily Deposit
- Resident calendar
- Patient Point
- Sign-up Genius
- Physician credentialing
- Assist with RVHC website
- Serving and protecting the practice by adhering to professional
standards, policies and procedures, federal, state, and local
- Performing job responsibilities as part of the team, interact
well with other members of the team.
Marginal Job Functions
- Assisting Medical Assistant with rooming the patients.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Demonstrated commitment to valuing equity, diversity and
contributing to an inclusive working and learning environment.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Outstanding organizational, verbal, listening, and written
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
- Strong computer skills and ability to learn a state-of-the-art
electronic medical records program.
- Ability to work with confidential medical records and maintain
HIPAA policies and procedures.
- Ability to multi-task and problem solve innovatively.
- Ability to work effectively in a team-based environment.
- Demonstrated effective time management skills and the ability
to meet deadlines.
- Willingness and ability to learn new skills as needed in the
medical office environment.
- Consistently demonstrate the ability to respond to changing
situations in a flexible manner in order to meet current needs,
such as reprioritizing work as necessary.
- Administrative assistant or equivalent coursework or at least 3
years of relevant experience
- 1-3 years experience in front medical office work
- Previous experience with primary care medical office (family
medicine, pediatrics or internal medicine)
- Previous experience with electronic medical records
- Bilingual in Spanish or Portuguese
Final applicant will be required to pass background check and
Qualified applicants will be contacted. There may be an additional
video interview for you to complete. Please watch your
email including spam and promotions folder.
Rocky Vista University, on the recommendation of the COVID-19
Response Team (CRT), implemented a mandatory vaccination policy for
all employees and students effective July 1, 2021. Appropriate
exemptions may be considered, and individual state laws may
Rocky Vista University is in full compliance with the Americans
with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate with regard
to applicants or employees with disabilities, and will make
reasonable accommodation when necessary. The following are
essential abilities and physical requirements for all positions at
- Ability to orally communicate effectively with others;
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing, using the
- Ability to work cooperatively with colleagues and supervisory
staffs at all levels;
- May be exposed to short, intermittent, and/or prolonged periods
of sitting and/or standing in performance of job duties;
- May be required to accomplish job duties using various types of
equipment/supplies to include, but not limited to, pens, pencils,
calculators, computer keyboards, telephone, etc.;
- May be required to transport oneself to other campus offices,
conference rooms, and on occasion, to off-campus sites to attend
meetings, conferences, workshops, seminars, etc.