ENGINEER - FULL TIME
Kennedy-King College is seeking a full time Engineer too provide a
variety of services to departments such as: electrical mechanical
and building related repair, custodial services, snow removal,
carpentry, painting, issuance of keys and many other services,
including relocation of departments. The Engineer provides
efficient and professional engineering services for the maintenance
of the building and grounds of the college.
- Ensures the safe and efficient operation of equipment,
machinery, and buildings.
- Operates and repairs heating and ventilation equipment, steam
plants, motors, combustion engines, pumps, air compressors, ice and
refrigeration equipment, air conditioning units, fans and
automatic/power oiling pumps and engines.
- Adheres to all standards of operation, laws, statues, and
industry best practices.
- Maintains building equipment and machinery to keep them in
excellent working conditions.
- Adheres to CCC Customer Service Excellence standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
This position is represented by Local 399.
Chicago residency is required for a full-time employee within
six months of hire.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action
Thank you for your interesting City Colleges of
- Must possess a high school diploma or the equivalent.
- Must possess a Stationary Engineers License recognized through
the City Colleges of Chicago.
- Current membership in Local # 399’s is preferred.
- Knowledge of the operation and repair of heating and
ventilation equipment, steam plants, motors, combustion engines,
pumps, air compressors, ice and refrigeration equipment,
air-conditioning units, fans and automatic/power oiling pumps and
- Experience in the operation and maintenance of a pool is
- Must have familiarity with rooftop HVAC units.
- Must have knowledge of other trades.
- Experience with Johnson Controls, BACnet, and BAS system
- Knowledge in electricity including troubleshooting
- Must be able to work the following shift: Sunday, Monday &
Saturday: 3pm - 11pm and Tuesday and Wednesday: 11pm - 7am